Question about PT
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about PT

i have a question about PT do i need to go to PT if i train everyday at home. and should i go to the pool fuctions

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Go to the pool functions ,you might learn something to help prepare you for boot camp! You need to see or call your recruiter once a week. Do a search on this on this site in the poolee forum and there is some invaluable information.

If your recruiter tells you to be there, you should be there. He is an NCO (or SNCO) and he gave you an order. Orders aren't optional.

If he gives you a choice- then it is up to you. If you're actually in shape (meanig you're running 225 or better on the PFT for example) and not just barely making the IST minimum then you can do what you want- but I'd still go.

I'd rather workout with the other poolee kids than at home alone. I do both, but I really like the crowd and you will likely find that you do too.

Mike

ok thank you i can walk a mile 12 mins and run it 8 mins i can do the IST minimum 35 situps in 1:40 i have a fat belly but yeah i did not know if i should go and he tells me when its at

You need to be there, no doubt about it. You'll enjoy it more than you think I'd bet- and you'll progress quickly.

Why would you not want to go to the poole functions? First of all, i can tell that you physically need it, but why wouldn't you want to go anyway? That was like the highlight of my week as a poolee! I still go to the functions once in a while just to hang out.

I hated going to the poolee functions! I was sometimes 8 years older than some of the others. But I never missed one, because I was informed that it was one of my responsiblities while in the DEP. So, do what you're supposed to do, when you're supposed to do it, and life will be easier. Plus...being able to do the minimum to pass the IST is a pretty dumb reason for not wanting to go work out with others.

Pool functions are the highlight of my week. I get to do PT with Marines and learn more about the Marine Corps. Why would anyone not want to go?

Are next poole function, we will be doing PT with the 0321 Marines at Ft. Benning. Sucks I will be there.

if you can do the minimum ist 1.5 in 13:30 44 situps in 2:00, and 3 pullups. then work to get good at it. but also work for the pft. 3miles in under 26[im not sure. i know for the 300PFT you need under 18:00]100situps in 2 min. and 20pullups. so keep training. there is no such thing as oveready! and poolee functions are a must! there are few things as important as a pool function.

Go! I do better when I am with other poolees. You'll like it and it is only once a month.

My question is: Can you do better than the bare minimum? The minimum is great but we all know going for the maximum is better.

It's best to go to the pool functions. IF you workout everyday, then boot camp PT won't be a problem. It's really not that hard. THe only thing matters is that you put out. I put out a little too much on MCRD San Diego's S&E Course and my body broke down too much. There won't be much time for recovery. But remember to do crunches during square away time or in your rack because PT focuses mainly on your upper body. Remember, pull-ups are your money-maker, especially when final PFT comes.

and i did not want to go cuss i was able to do the bare minimum i really did not know what it was really for i throught you just go there to work out. Since i been on here for a day i decied to go to PT our PT is thesday and thursday

Grammar!!!!

I do PT every Mon-Thu. Due to my excellent PT scores and me showing the leadership traits, I was told that I earned the Platoon Guide for my RSS. Now with that I have a **** load of responsiblity and all, in which I'm excited as hell to do.

Anyway, PT'ing by yourself is boring, with someone else it's always more fun. I think of it as this way.

You can't complete Boot Camp by yourself.
    You can't complete the Crucible by yourself.
    You don't even take a shower alone.

So why PT by yourself?

Thread Information