Workout, Routine? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by JefferyMarine
    Alright this is the last post with this name:

I have discussed this with both my brother, cousin, boss, and two 22year retired Marines, all Marines. All of them are questioning yall's core values (THERE WORDS NOT MINE). Anywho none of them get the point of the polees and DEPers saying anything what so ever. My brother said that he can understand the Marines on this site saying something but thinks the wannabees to "KEEP THERE F++++++ MOUTH SHUT" because yall are not Marines and have no right to say anything towards his brother in this context. My boss thinks that the only ones that should be able to talk are the GRUNTS and the POG's need to keep there trap shut, and the two retired Marines think its just childish.

Anyway, I will change my screename (aka Create a new account), to abide by the rules.

Also speaking of the rules: the two retirees want yall to know OhhRah, Semper Fi, and Semper Fidelas are and where forged in blood by the latins and took over by the Marines, it is common phrase used to show a sign of devotion to the Marine Corps, also they want yall to know that if a DEPer uses it, its allowed and should be looked up to and not down upon because it is not used enough in the Ranks.

So by order of them,

OhhRah, Semper Fi,

JefferyMARINE
    Damn, if your going to use it, spell it right.

I'm a Poolee, and even I'm not allowed to use those phrases around my recruiters.

But I also noticed something else. When your told to do something and you don't like it. You don't go to someone else and get their opinion. You just do it. I've been busted on here before, I didn't get all *****y and cry on someone elses shoulder.
    I just simply complied and there was no other problems afterwards.
    You should do the same, and maybe in return you will gain some respect as someone who can follow the rules and learn from their mistakes.

p.s. I don't think they care what they say. Rules are rules homeboy.

Ooh Rah is a unique thing to the US Marine. If they told you something else, they were less than honest.

I don't know who the latins are. It is a language, not a people. I also believe you are not being honest- because there is simply no way you could get that many Marines to agree on anything- much less a specific issue such as this.

Semper Fidelis is not just a common phrase, it is much more than that. The fact that you claim Marines said it was just a phrase tells me that you aren't being honest.

Your brother, boss, cousin, sister, uncle, and boyfriend aren't the people that run this site. Their opinion doesn't matter. The people that own this site set the rules. If you don't like them you can go away. If you're going to complain, you can go away.

Finally, you also misspelled Corps Values.

Good luck in boot camp. I honestly fear that you're going to lead to a news story of some good Marine DI choking you to death.

This just makes me oh so happy that I get to go to MCRD SD... I want nothing to do with people who can't follow instructions... All it does is makes life hell for everyone around you... Trust me, when you do 30 laps around a track because someone was late to practice... You begin to lean what it's like to be punished as a team...

great,awsome,fantastic...i'm gonna be in the same platoon as this whinebag,man i wish i could move my shipdate back.

I can't believe you whined to other Marines about this,this is the POOLEE HALL,therefor we have a RIGHT and RESPONSIBILITY to teach idiots like you,the rules.I also don't believe you,no way you got 4 Marines to agree on something as trivial as this,if i came to my brother with a question like that he would say

"FIGHT YOUR OWN BATTLES PANSY!! DON'T COME RUNNING TO ME!" that's how my brother is,and yes he is a Marine.

I hope for your sake that you get rid of that attitude before you ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Ooh Rah is a unique thing to the US Marine. If they told you something else, they were less than honest.
    The Russian infantry uses this term. I saw it in a video in Intel School.

It means "kill" in Turkish.

It is a similiar term- but not quite the same- at least not from the one person I know from the Russian military. Just as the army has hooya- similar, but not the same thing.

Either way, the Russian infantry isn't the Latins- whoever the heck they are.

(For what it is worth, here are the words that translate to the verb kill- öldürmek, avlamak, gebertmek, katletmek, mahvetmek, yalanlamak, kesmek, dindirmek, söndürmek, cinayet işlemek, ortadan kaldırmak)

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    (For what it is worth, here are the words that translate to the verb kill- öldürmek, avlamak, gebertmek, katletmek, mahvetmek, yalanlamak, kesmek, dindirmek, söndürmek, cinayet işlemek, ortadan kaldırmak)
    Bet I could _kill_ the pronunciation of all of those words.

Yeah... How bout them Latins? What do they speak? Roman? Ha!

Quite frankly, I think that your screen name, Jeffrey, is misleading at best. I'm glad that you're changing it!

In reference to being a non-Marine and using Marine jargon:
    YOU chose to join this site. No one forced you. The rules here say that Marine Corps phrases are to be used only by Marines. Do I personally agree with it? No. Oorah is the most motivating word in my vocabulary, but shy of this one time that I wrote it, I don't think I've ever used it on this forum and I don't expect to use it for a long while into the future. Why? I joined this forum and I'm going to follow the rules? Why? I'd like to be welcome here in the future.

Lastly, how about sounding reasonably intelligent? I'm not the best typist, speller, or grammatician, but let's use their when talking about possessives and there when talking about a place? C'mon, let's pretend that we have an education, mmkay?

Thread Information