Mid week Poolee Chat begins 20071011
Create Post
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Mid week Poolee Chat begins 20071011

We will attempt this mid week chat beginning tomorrow evening, Oct 11, 2007, from 1900 to 2200 hrs EST! If we have a good chat then it will continue, if not it will be terminated. We don't need two chats in the week that produces no, or not many, participants. You asked for this new time, and you got it. I will over see the chat and keep you on track. this is the rules I forwarded to Jinelson and he knows how it will go, so it's up to you poolees/wannabes, whether it stays or goes away.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Thursday evening from 1900-2200. This chat will take place in the Poolee Hall Chat Room. Any and all people are welcome to join in this chat, of course any Marine that wants to help educate and motivate the Poolees/wannabes there are welcome to help out with their experiences and knowledge. I will try to get quests to appear on subjects that you need/want to know about, such as MOSs, Drill Instructors, Officers, MPs and such. We'll see!

The Forum will be "question and answer" type, where as one person will ask a question and it will be answered by anyone with the correct information, or they can direct the question to a specific Marine/person. This is not a "shoot the breeze" room nor a "Sports Room", all questions will be "Marine Corps" related! Like I said, any Marine that wants to help is welcome anytime, but lets keep the chatter to a minimum and try to stay on track as these people are asking us for our help. Participants may also post any Poolee activity and/or the results to the group!

We will not exceed the cut off time of 2200 hrs. If anyone needs more information after that time they can PM the person they want to answer the question. You can use the Chat PM for specific questions to a specific person as well. But by no means will any High School student be allowed to use this forum after 2300 hrs your local time, so make sure your profile is completed with where you live! We understand that 2300 EST is 2000 Pacific!

-------------------------------------------------------

The Sunday chat will still be lead by Justin493, same time, same place. But this chat is for those of you that could not make it to the Sunday Chat for whatever reason.

Thank you in advance and I hope that you find some information that you need/want during this chat time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Aye Aye Cpl.!
    I will try to make it from time to time, but Thursday evening from 1600 to 1900 PST is PT for my RSS and also is the busiest day during school for me. Sorry I didn't reply to the thread about considering alternate time, I haven't been on for a couple days and just found out about it now.

I will be late. PT is going to be late as well for me. I will make it though.

I'll be a little late too. Gotta stop by the autoparts store and order a transmission for my truck on the way home from work.

I have a game but should be back by about 7:30

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Chat begins at 1900, get your questions ready and join in. I have an announcement I will make during the chat concedrning an upcoming guest.

See ya at 1900

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I am very happy about the turn out tonight. We had 20 people in the chat tonight and I think everyone had a good time. I want to thank all the Marines for their help, and all the Poolees/wannabes that came in to share and learn. I hope I don't leave anyone out that was there:

Randall1989, marinepooly1361, DoOrDoNot20, Justin493, Bulletsponge, fs19, Bulkyker, bro3hopeful, daftpunk, themostwanted1, SSgtt32, E4B, Books, Parks, HurricaneRJ, JChebahtah, usmc8467, and of course dadsgyrl. Like I said, I hope I didn't forget anyone.

As long as the trend continues, I will continue to have this chat every Thursday evening. All Poolees and wannabes envite your friends to join us, but lets not forget the Sunday Chat as well.

I also want to thank Jinelson for his approval for this chat tonight. I hope he was as happy as I was about the turn out tonight. This chat thing gived you guys the chance to give and get information from all the participating people every week, so lets grow!

Good luck Poolees and Semper Fi Marines and thanks for the turn out.

Dave

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good deal.

Sorry Cpl. I meant to be there but forgot it was my sisters birthday today. So I was out to dinner with the family.

I did not see the post until past chat time but will be on time next week or possibly Sunday.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    40 minutes until Mid week chat! All poolees/wannabes go to the head, get a sandwich, whatever and be in the poolee hall chat at 1900 EST. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    come on in!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well Poolees/wannabes, I want to say that this chat idea lasted for one good chat, LAST WEEK! This week we had a bunch of Marines and two or three Poolees /wannabes!

As stated at the beginning of this chat for mid week idea, I will give my time for those that can't attend the Sunday chat! Well I have to say that you have abused this time of mine, and the other Marines, way to quick this time. We Marines had a ball chatting with each other tonight but that is not what it is for. I suggest you read this entire thread and ask yourself "DO I WANT/NEED THIS CHAT TIME" or do you think you know enough without our help! We Marines do not benefit from these information chats, so you decide!

"DO WE CONTINUE THE MID WEEK CHAT, OR DO WE STOP IT NOW?" The choice is yours, you poolees and wannabes. Marines don't need any excuse to gather and shoot the breeze. WE have been there and done that! I will donate my time next thursday for one more chat. I expect YOU, as the participants, to gather the people and get them involved. I asked you for your support and a lot of you committed to it. But the very person, whose idea this was to begin with, didn't show up tonight! This is not High School, it's not the Boy Scouts or a sports team! This is the United States Marine Corps!

I want to thank every Marine that participated this evening and apologize to them for the lack of people. The Marines were ready to take questions and give you the answers. Thanks to all my Brothers and Sisters!

I want to ask you poolees/wannabes to post on this thread, any and all ideas you have to improve the chat for mid week! If you see no need to post, then it will be accepted as such, no response or not enough response!

NEXT THURSDAY WILL BE THE FINAL TEST OF THIS IDEA! It's up to you to fill the room. I will not post anything further to this thread until the end of the chat next Thursday evening. It swims or it sinks. It's up to you! Anyone that wants to bump this for all to see, feel free.

Semper Fi Marines and good luck poolees/wannabes!

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Apologies! I remembered the chat, but didn't expect to get home from PT at 2100! I don't know what it would do, but it would be great if the chat time can be moved to Wednesdays instead of Thursdays. I am not sure how that would work out for others though.

Thread Information