Marine Corps Uniforms - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kbs95125
    I am 99.9% thats the updated regulations, but hopefully a Marine can correct anything those don't cover.
    October 29 = Wear green cammies
    April 1 = Wear desert cammies, sleeves rolled.

1 week prior to Oct 29 we are allowed to wear deserts w/o sleeves rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider
    I swear that somebody came into my room overnight and start swinging a baseball bat at my legs...can't explain it lol.
    Congrats Cpl.

I can't even imagine the feeling. I pined on LCpl today, and boy did THAT [not] hurt. Can't even imagine the pain that [doesn't] come along with pinning on Cpl.

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    The SgtMaj exemplar is there as the Green Alpha chevrons. They used SgtMaj of Marine Corps as the exemplar for the Blues chevrons.

CWO5 is no longer granted in the Corps.

Everyone is allowed the option to purchase the Blues so that they can wear them after graduation. However, the question was when they will be issued, meaning everyone is forced to get them.
    Oh... Got it. Thank you for the information, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by BR03Hopeful
    Congrats Cpl.

I can't even imagine the feeling. I pined on LCpl today, and boy did THAT [not] hurt. Can't even imagine the pain that [doesn't] come along with pinning on Cpl.
    Congrats on your promotion Lcpl. BR03

The mysterious pain in your leg makes you a part of a long and proud warrior tradition.

Unless things changed they are issueing dress blues in boot that is where I got mine

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    The mysterious pain in your leg makes you a part of a long and proud warrior tradition.
    leg(s). OOHRAH

I always liked referring to the cammies as my "tree suit".
    Sleeves up or sleeves down seemed to go squadron by squadron.
    Meaning, instead of just waking up one morning and rolling my sleeves up, I'd wait until the word came down to go sleeves up. My memory's a little foggy on this, though!

I have searched the internet and this site, but I still can't find what I'm looking for. Maybe one of you guys will have the answer. What determines the graduating uniform?

I think it's "Who" determines the graduating uniform.

Is it what the Drill Instructor wants? Or is there a reason for wearing the Servie Alpha, Bravo or Charlie Uniform?

From what I understand, I believe the weather dictates what uniform is worn for graduation. But I'm not 100% sure on this, can a Marine verify this?

Season and command determine the graduation uniform. I have only seen them in Service Alpha in winter or Charlie in summer.

Thanks, that had been bothering me for a while.

Thread Information