Do other recruiters... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The AF recruiter is rarely there, in the past 8 months I have seen him there twice. I usually see the Navy guy leaving we show up for PT, but he has come in and BSd with our recruiters before. Army is always hanging around somewhere.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    My cousin accused me of joining the Marines because of the uniform.

In a sense he is right, but I want to where the uniform to represent the history the Marines have embolden in our country. It's a damn privliege to wear it. Sadly, we got poser claiming the title they never earn. December needs to hurry up. I still waiting for the TICK...TICK....TICK...
    Uniforms = Tradition, Pride, Brotherhood. Something the other services lack.

I wish I could ship by December. I'm still waiting for October and MEPS. lol

Where I'm located, the Army and Marines have one office, and the Navy and AF share another one across town. From what I've seen though, (in limited experience granted) everyone of the recruiters is around fairly often.

At my recruiting station, all the services have different offices, so there is never really any contact with recruiters other than the Marine Corps'. There's not really too much animosity between all the services' recruiters there anyway so it's not a problem at all.

In my city. the Marine Corps only one office.

The Army has two
    The Navy has two
    The AF has three of them.

Makes no sense and the Marines are putting out far better numbers than all of them.

The AF recruiter down at our RSS is never ever there. In the 2 years I have been going in and out of there, I have only seen the AF recruiter once, and maybe the Navy one twice.
    AF recruiters seem to have it made. The reserve recruiter here only needs something like 10 recruits a year, so needless to say he is very lazy.

In my city. the Marine Corps only one office.

The Army has two
    The Navy has two
    The AF has three of them.

Makes no sense and the Marines are putting out far better numbers than all of them.
    I would guess that is because the Marine Corps is the smallest branch of the 4.

Uniforms = Tradition, Pride, Brotherhood. Something the other services lack.
    That is just flat out wrong and extremely disrespectful to a lot of great men and women.

I wouldn't say they neccessarily lack it, but the Marine Corps, from every book I have read from Marines and outsiders alike, really emphasises how the Marines are a culture all of their own. Army has US on their collars, Marines have the EGA, etc. The Marine Corps is emphasized as more of a religion while the other services are "jobs."

That said, I wouldn't say the other services really lack Tradition, Pride, and Brotherhood, especially not from a few decades back (when they weren't paying civilians 100s of thousands in bribe money along with making basic training much easier for them to pass), but it is more strongly emphasised in the Corps than anywhere else.

Mike

The other services most certainly lack the tradition, pride, and brotherhood found in the Marine Corps. Nothing against them, but they aren't Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    The other services most certainly lack the tradition, pride, and brotherhood found in the Marine Corps. Nothing against them, but they aren't Marines.
    I AGREE 100%! I am a MARINE that was discharged from the Corps in 1971, then I spent 19 years in the Army, but I don't call myself a Soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Geezus
    That is just flat out wrong and extremely disrespectful to a lot of great men and women.
    Please don't take my previous statement the wrong way. My grandfather was in Air Force, two great-grandfathers in the Army, and a host of other relatives in the armed forces. I respect all the services. But Marines have tradition, pride, and brotherhood in a sense that none of the other branches come close to.

Case in point:

When I spoke with the AF recruiter (under protest), he came into the office from the golf course (I kid you not), not wearing his uniform, and his main selling point was that (in his younger years) he could get away with arguing with his Sargent about 'appropriating' an air hockey table, going to the smoothie bar during his scheduled PT time, and just generally goofing off.

This is why I want to be a Marine. Tradition, Brotherhood, and PRIDE.

Yes it is stronger, maybe infinitesmly in the Corps, but I don't think the other services are missing it all together. This may have very well changed with time, though.

Mike

My RSS is it's own office. But I do remember when I was in high school no disrespect to the Army but I despised the Army recruiter. He would always speak bad about the Corps and the other service branches. I did not like that guy.

To the argument of the Corps having more Tradition, Pride and Brotherhood I must agree with that. My dad was in the army for 22 years, my brother is currently in and I have numerous friends in the army(i live next to Ft Drum). I also have an Uncle in The Marines, growing up I never understood his feelings towards The Corps, to me it sounded like brainwashed mumbo jumbo. I didn't understand this feeling until I DEP'd in. I instantly became friends and a little brother figure to former Marines in my life. My dad claims its brainwashing before boot camp but seriously, it's something an outsider can never understand. I'm not in yet but I already feel the unity. Where the army has Unit Cohesion the Corps has an unfaultered unity across the board. Hell, my Mom already thinks I picked the best branch after trying to figure out why the hell I didn't go air force lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    To the argument of the Corps having more Tradition, Pride and Brotherhood I must agree with that. My dad was in the army for 22 years, my brother is currently in and I have numerous friends in the army(i live next to Ft Drum). I also have an Uncle in The Marines, growing up I never understood his feelings towards The Corps, to me it sounded like brainwashed mumbo jumbo. I didn't understand this feeling until I DEP'd in. I instantly became friends and a little brother figure to former Marines in my life. My dad claims its brainwashing before boot camp but seriously, it's something an outsider can never understand. I'm not in yet but I already feel the unity. Where the army has Unit Cohesion the Corps has an unfaultered unity across the board. Hell, my Mom already thinks I picked the best branch after trying to figure out why the hell I didn't go air force lol
    Whitey--the other services just don't get it! They all think it is brain washing, but we Marines know better and we take you poolees under our wing as early as possible to show you guys that that's the way we are! Always have been, always will be!

Semper Fi PUP!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL, yeah, When I got a call from a Army recruiter this summer, I couldn't stop laughing afterwards. Actually though, I would've also got annoyed if I got that call consistantly.

About my recruiting office, Marine office is always the active one. I hardly see people in other offices. And our SNCOIC(SSgt.) in the office STRONGLY DISLIKES Army. He was going to return a stopwatch that my recruiter borrowed from Army office to the Navy office (he didn't know it was Army's) and then once my recruiter told him, he just froze and then made my recruiter return it LOL.

I don't know about AF, but for sure he's cool Navy. Last Friday at PT we were carrying out our pull-up bar outside. Actually the pathway was so narrow it got stuck in the middle, so we had to take them apart there. Took about 10 minutes, and during that process, we knocked down some pictures on the Navy side of the wall and broke the frames. A recruiter there walked out, talked to our SNCOIC, then he just laughed at us and went back in. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Whitey--the other services just don't get it! They all think it is brain washing, but we Marines know better and we take you poolees under our wing as early as possible to show you guys that that's the way we are! Always have been, always will be!

Semper Fi PUP!
    Another one I get from the guys in the car club is "Don't go getting any Corps tattoos"

mind you 2 of the members are former marines that joined that army for undisclosed reasons(i honestly have never found out why) and have their respective tattoos and usually back me up in the army vs Marines fight

Thread Information