Do other recruiters...
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do other recruiters...

try to get you to join their service? Since I first got back from MEPs anytime I'm in the recruiting office the other recruiters try to get me to join and tell me I'm wasting my life by going in The Corps to which I laugh.

seriously, anyone ever have this problem?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I wouldn't call it a problem. I'd call it a compliment.

Those other recruiters know that if the Marine Corps accepted you, then you must be a well qualified recruit for them. Faint praise, true, but praise none-the-less.

At our office, there are two Marine recruiters, one Navy recruiter, and two Army recruiters. The Navy guy is cool, he even hangs out with us when there's nobody in his office. The Army guys try to get us to join once in a while, but they've never said anything directly to me. The last time they tried, the conversation went something like this:

You should join the Army instead.
    Why?
    Don't you want to be able to call yourself a soldier?
    Not when I can call myself a Marine.

It was pretty funny to watch, but the Army recruiter got kind of upset.

The last time the army recruiter approached me I asked if his gut was general issue. Never been given such a dirty look in my life haha

When I got the results from my ASVAB, the Army recruiter happened to be at the school. I eventually went over and asked him to 'translate' the score, because I was having no luck at it. He gave it a look, handed to the boys helping him (fresh outa Basic).

"This is a good score."
    "Thank you, sir."
    "Are you considering joining to Army?"
    "No sir, the Marines."
    "The Marines? Why?"
    "Much cooler uniforms."

And with a grin, walked away. lol

I got a phonecall once a week from the Navy up until the day I shipped for boot. It was the same phone call every week too "Are you interested in joining the Navy?" "I already joined the Marines, I leave in ____days/months". Finally, one night me and the recruiters got bored at the office and wrote the Navy recruiter a nice long letter telling him to please stop accosting me. I think they finally got the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Parks
    When I got the results from my ASVAB, the Army recruiter happened to be at the school. I eventually went over and asked him to 'translate' the score, because I was having no luck at it. He gave it a look, handed to the boys helping him (fresh outa Basic).

"This is a good score."
    "Thank you, sir."
    "Are you considering joining to Army?"
    "No sir, the Marines."
    "The Marines? Why?"
    "Much cooler uniforms."

And with a grin, walked away. lol
    My cousin accused me of joining the Marines because of the uniform.

In a sense he is right, but I want to where the uniform to represent the history the Marines have embolden in our country. It's a damn privliege to wear it. Sadly, we got poser claiming the title they never earn. December needs to hurry up. I still waiting for the TICK...TICK....TICK...

listen to "a long december" by counting crows:-P

I've always treated the Army recruiters respectfully at the RSS and have only recieved that back. They like to stand out front in their ACUs and one time they said "you going to my office" to which I replied "No sir, Marines" and his response was "good stuff."

Now my recruiter... he's not to fond of the Army or anything to do with it. He gets along with the AF fine, and the Navy pretty well, but not the Army. He had us run into the RSS to do pullups still calling cadence from a run. The army recruiter ran out of his office and said "hey sarge!" The SSgt. Was not pleased, his response was great: "don't you ****ing hey sarge me, I'll take your ass outside" followed by some more ranting.

Mike

The only recruiter noone gets along with at my RSS is the AF recruiter. He's a wierd little guy that keeps to himself.

Our AF recruiter at our RSS is a stinking lying *****.

She called a complaint on our Gunny because he kept the dog at the office and she complained that it was leaving dog hair and that it kept barking.

Well truth is that she is only there 45mins everyday and Gunny cleans up the dog hair everytime. Plus pappy is some type of Bulldog(English) and he can't bark but he sure can hump a teddy bear!

Other services aren't allowed to recruit you after you have signed up for any other serivce. So if they are, they could get into trouble. Not sure how much. Lucky for me most of the recruiters around here try to play by the rules(for the most part).

If they do you need to contact the Marine that is getting you prepared to go to recruit training they will nipit in the bud, they are not supposed to, I know if it happens to us, I personally will go down and talk to there supervisor. Don't worry about it though. To all good luck in your future endevors for those that have already joined and are waiting to ship, keep prepairing yourselves ask all the questions you can.

Remember there is only one way back and thats as a United States Marine.

Good luck

I take it as a compliment when they ask me. If it bothered me I would report it but eh, life happens.

The AF recruiter down at our RSS is never ever there. In the 2 years I have been going in and out of there, I have only seen the AF recruiter once, and maybe the Navy one twice.

Thread Information