What can/cant i take to boot?
Create Post

Question What can/cant i take to boot?

I leave the 16th of Oct and I've been given a list of things to bring, now after reading various things I'm unsure of what I can or cant bring to bootcamp... **For example as freakin' retarded as this sounds am i allowed to have eyeliner and chapstick for my picture? One girl that was in my poole is wearing some makeup and looks very ladylike... are we permitted to have such things for special occasions? Please someone give me a list of what i should pack.. Thank you!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    If you read all of the Sticky Post in the Poolee Hall you will find
    Things To Bring To Boot Camp, posted by a Series Drill Instructor.

The Sticky Posts are there to help you.

Trust me take as little as possible because everything you take to the island you will have to check in. No joke they even make you copy down the serial numbers on the money you bring with you.

Can take: Official papers, yourself, the clothes on your back, and motivation. Oh yes, also the ambition to become a US Marine, and letting nothing stand in your way of doing so.

Can't take: Anything else

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Take as little as possible - you don't want to land on the Island with too much stuff cause you're going to have WAY more to carry home when you leave.

Unless things have changed THAT much - while you're in Receiving, the DIs will go through everything in your suitcase with you and tell you what you can and cannot keep. Everything you don't get to keep will be put in storage until you leave.

Dont Forget To Wear Your Red And Gold Usmc Tshirt That Really Impresses Them.

They took care of all that at my meps, some idiot brought a huge duffel bag with like 3 weeks worth of clothes, CANDY, hygiene products, the GySgt at MEPS tossed all his trash and told him he was doing a favor.

There was a dumbass shippin' out with me that had candy with a note from his mother. It was for his soon to be DI's.

Imagine what would've happened if there wasn't a Marine nice enough to inform him that that'd be a bad idea.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't take anything. I didn't take anything and I still made it out of boot camp fine. They give you everything you'll need.

Don't wear or bring anything with the word(s) Marine, Corps, or USMC on it, or your life will already be much more difficult than it should have been. As far as I have learned, all you really need to bring are the bare, and I do mean bare, essentials, the clothes you're wearing, possibly another change of clothes depending on how far you live from Parris Island, some emergency money, your papers and documentation, and anything else your recruiter told you to bring.

Thread Information