Help Need Answer
Create Post

Exclamation Help Need Answer

Hi my name is ryan schmitt I am 19.

I been working on cutting weight and getting ready for the asvab
    I am currently in a situation. I went to apply for the marines about 6 months ago. The recruiter I was going through at the time said my application was declined. Here is the reason why.. I got held back in 2nd grade because i was out for a whole year. I had hip surgery on both legs. But the MEPS doctor said that was fine. Also I had my gull bladder removed. Didn't hear much about that being a problem. Also when I was younger my mom made me go see a counsler when i was 11 years old because my mom was going through a divorce. At that time I was taking ritilan. But I have been off of it for more then 3 years. So what I did was go to a counsler and get notes saying that i no longer need to take medicine and ryan is not depressed. The recruiter told me everything else turned out fine, Now the other part is i can't join because they said you should be apart of something like a group or go volunteer. So I have been. He also said if you go to college that should help too. So I am in college at the moment keeping my grades up. I want to join really bad but I don't want to be let down again. I need a 100% honest answer if you think they will take my application this time.

Credits
    Savings
    Ryan,

Not 100% sure on your exact details, but if a MEPS Dr clears you, then you may be able to appeal to the recuiter and ask to be considered again, or for a waiver. If you keep meeting their requirements they might work with you.
    Good luck to you!

C

The Marine Corps Does Not Take Applications
    Only Commitments

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Take the ASVAB, if you score really well, with all good line scores---watch the recruiters line up to talk to YOU! Be advised that the Corps does not take applications, we take committments. We want only the young men and women that will committ to a tour of duty that will and can fulfill that comittment without fail or faulter!

That is my avise, Take the ASVAB, score well and see what happens! Right now you are only a weak prospect at best. Recruiters don't spend much time on weak prospects, believe me!

Good luck in your pursuit of enlisting in my Corps!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OK...............I KNOW THIS one has been here before and has asked this SAME question. There cannot POSSIBLY be 2 of you that have been through here with the same problem with the whole divorce and ridlin situation.

Did your question not get answered the last time? Or do you need MORE ridlin now (because you don't remember asking before)?

Actually sounds like an incomplete picture. "Application declined?" Sounds like "Go take a hike" to me.

This kid needs a profile anyway.

I am in school and I don't want to waste my time and the recruiters time, I just posted here trying to get a answer not to get harassed. I just dont want to be let down again. If there is anyone I can talk to Ill give the best details I can.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rschmitt01
    I need a 100% honest answer if you think they will take my application this time.
    None of US know for sure, 100%, guaranteed that it will happen for you or not. Keep trying - where there's a will, there's a way. Only a Recruiter and YOU know for sure. If a Recruiter sees you as weak, you won't have to worry about his time - he won't waste it on you.

If you think you're wasting time........................just remember, ALL good things come in time. You kids these days want the quickest "fix" to whatever problem(s) you have. And you ALL want a guarantee for it - NOTHING in life comes with a guarantee. It's all what YOU make of it.

To be honest. Walk down the hall to the navy recruiter. 1, The will be more simpathetic to your needs and I think they keep cry towels on hand so you can weep while you explain your tragic upbringing. 2, Time to loose the bagage kid and get on with your life. You want to be a Marine? Then get off your azz and get the job done. If you come here looking for sympathy you have come to the wrong place. In this place you are in the presence of warriers. And you will find sympathy in the dictonary between sh-t and syphlis.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaonethree
    And you will find sympathy in the dictonary between sh-t and syphlis.
    ROFL, outstanding quote, Bro!

You know what I wish you Marines would lay off this kid, he is just asking a question wether he is a Marine or not he has the desire, and for those of you that haven't been on the streets latley it isn't exactly the friendlest job in the Corps, all we have to do is answer the question.

The medical issues should be fine, to include the ritalin as long as you have been off the medication for one year. The counseling is not an issue either, I don't know what your talking about when it comes to the not passing the 2nd grade. Did you get your high school diploma? Have you taken the ASVAB before, is that why your studying because you didn't do well? Why are you taking College is it because you don't have the HS Diploma?

Basically you need to give all the details. Before we can answer your questions.

Sorry Gunny. I guess I have become groutchy and less tolerant. Sorry Kid, Give it everything you got. Both my sons are active duty Marines and I did not surgar coat anything.

I was held back in the second grade. I do have a highschool diploma. I need to take the asvab yet. The reason I am taking some college courses are because my recruiter said. I need to show that I am in some kind of commitment not just a 9-5 job. I was full time at a meat shop for about 7 months.

Thread Information