Kicked up the motivation
Create Post

Kicked up the motivation

So I got my ship date today!

Now its just getting the MOS chosen then I am all squared away. WOOOOOO!

48 days..... Its closing in.

don't be THAT excited...lol its not like its going to be fun

Great **** Bro.

Congrats man!

Mike

LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JCam0331
    don't be THAT excited...lol its not like its going to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by hempstead56
    LOL!!!
    yeah dude, to be bluntly honest. it really really sucks

even the things which look fun on TV - they suck in actuality.

good luck bro.

Well, I'm excited. Not because I'm planning on having fun, but more so because I get the CHANCE to prove to myself, and a few other people, that I am worthy enough, strong enough, smart enough, and MOTIVATED enough to be a United States Marine. I'm also plenty nervous.

If I wanted to have fun I'd join the circus or a reality tv show.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JCam0331
    yeah dude, to be bluntly honest. it really really sucks

even the things which look fun on TV - they suck in actuality.

good luck bro.
    My fellow Marine, this is a site and this is a thread in a forum for poolees to pass on and recieve motivation. Your attitrude seems that of a less than motivated Marine to me. If you are unhappy with your job then I, for one, would appreciate you keeping your negative comments to yourself! I see that your ambitions are to become one of our Officers, well Marine your attitide plays a very important role in that transition. If the Marines in your command have little faith in your ability to lead by example, then you are going to have a hard time as a Leader.

If I may suggest, you need to keep your negative comments in check and post only positive ones on this forum particularly. You can vent with us old salts on the Marines only forums all you want,, but this is for Poolees and their motivation.

If what I have said upset you, I am sorry! But as an NCO that cares about the future of the Corps I saw fit to bring this to your attention. I realize you meant no harm, but think about how you would have felt reading some of your post as a poolee! We as Marines have a responsibility to these poolees to help them make the enlistment in the Corps as easy as possible, so If you cant say something good to these guys that will carry the torch after you are gone, then don't say anything, ok L/Cpl?

PM me if you have a problem with what I just said, anytime.

Semper Fi, My younger brother!

I know I'm outspoken and controversial at times but trust me theres is no lack of motivation in me.

I tell it how it is. Boot camp SUUUUUUCKS. There is no nice way to put it.

When I asked my VA rep, who was a former Army Ranger with 3 tours in Iraq under his belt - I said: Tom, I would love to go to Ranger School one day, even if its as a Marine. What is it like?

He said - Well, you look pretty athletic, so if thats what you want, go for it and never quit. But I'll warn you: Just imagine five 300 pound guys kicking you in the balls over and over again for 8 weeks. Yeah, Ranger School is worse.

He didn't sugercoat anything, and neither do I. I will tell it as it is !!

Alright,

Ooorah !!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Kile, Great news. Congrats ,, You do realize you can't take those girls with you? Let us know when you get your MOS.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations pup dig in and research the knowlege here. Mike wrote me and said that I was correct and you can never be prepared for MCRD but he is a leg up, by what he learned here.

Jim

Ship date has changed to 20071009
    MOS: 0311

Hey, bootcamp is fun in it's own way -- when you look back on it. Even while you're in bootcamp, there will be some things that you'll find are some semblance of the emotion of "fun" but not quite that word. Like the crucible -- I wouldn't use the word "fun" to describe it, but if "fun" has an ugly inbred cousin typed word, I'd use that.

Congrads young man,

Recruit training can be fun its all a matter of how you take it. Just know this You have just made a choice that you will never regret, as all can contest in this forum, "Once A Marine, Always A Marine" just remember you have got to earn it, it will never be given to you. Once again congrads as I tell all of my recruits, "The only way you can come back is as a United States Marine, excuses are like you know what, and I really don't want to hear yours just get through it. If you ever have any doubt just look at the American Flag and know that you will soon be able to support and defend the right to call that our own." Take care and come back as a United States Marine!!!!!!

Thread Information