Favorite Marine Corps quotes
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite Marine Corps quotes

Post your favorite Marine Corps or Marine Corps related quotes here. The ones you find most motivating, inspiring, etc. I'm doing mine in no particular order.

"Marines die, that's what we're here for, but the Marine Corps lives forever and that means you live forever!" -GySgt. R. Lee Ermey (as Gy. Hartman)-

"Let's finish up the Nazis and head over to the Pacific before the Marines get all the credit!" -Patton I think-

"Remember, you are First Marines! Not all the communists in hell can overrun you!" -Chesty Puller-

"Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas." -Don't know-

"The raising of that flag means a Marine Corps for another five hundred years." -Secretary of the Navy during WWII, forgot the name-

"The only safe place in Korea is behind a platoon of Marines." -GOA MacArthur-

"If anything should happen to me over there, don't mourn my death, honor it." -Anonymous Marine (well this applies to the whole US Military, but a Marine said it)-

"If the Army and the Navy ever look on heaven's scenes, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marine." -Last part of the Hymn-

"Pain is the weakness leaving your body!" -A recruiting slogan-

"We don't promise you a rose garden." -Another recruiting slogan-

the one in my signature.and....

Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines.
    -Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing

What's the only thing you feel when you kill a terrorist? RRRREEECCCOOIIL
    -sweet bumper sticker I seen-

There are two types of people, Marines, and those who wish they were Marines.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."
    -President Reagan-

"We're surrounded!" That simplifies the problem!
    -Chesty Puller-

"We are surrounded, low on ammunition, and taking fire, we will hold!"
    -Cant rember the name, and couldn't find it online either

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."
    -Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

"Sorry, thought you were the Army." -Insurgents in Somalia-

I have the utmost respect for the Army, but that was just funny. The terrorists attacked an embassy and when they saw the Marines on the roof, they apologized and left. This sounds like a legend though

"Old breed, new breed, what the hell does it matter as long as it's the Marine breed?" -Chesty Puller-

I have the utmost respect for the Army, but that was just funny. The terrorists attacked an embassy and when they saw the Marines on the roof, they apologized and left. This sounds like a legend though
    Probably so, I don't think the Marines would have let them walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by marinepooly1361
    What's the only thing you feel when you kill a terrorist? RRRREEECCCOOIIL
    -sweet bumper sticker I seen-
    Its from a joke that goes....

Katie Couric, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked:
    "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"

The Marine shrugged and replied: "Recoil."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/recoil.asp

-----------------
    "How can you shoot women and children?"
    "They don't run as fast - you have to give them a little less lead."

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bumper sticker I saw. " open season on terrorists, no bag limit"

Ok, don't know if you guys know this but those recruiting slogans and such are FAKE...just ask JCam.

LMAO Jetdoc

The following was attributed to the commander of the Marines on Wake Island just prior to the capture of the island by the Japs;when asked what he needed he replied, "Send more Japs"

They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".
    Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991
    We are United States Marines, and for two and a quarter centuries we have defined the standards of courage, esprit, and military prowess.
    Gen. James L. Jones, USMC (CMC); 10 November 2000
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…
    Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam
    A Marine should be sworn to the patient endurance of hardships, like the ancient knights; and it is not the least of these necessary hardships to have to serve with sailors.
    Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery

Couldn't help it Dave, I obviously just came from Chesty's Hootch, haha.

The Marine Corps has just been called by the New York Times, 'The elite of this country.' I think it is the elite of the world
    Admiral William Halsey, U.S. Navy
    Forgot that one.

Ray, again, you must not have seen what that one dude posted...THE

Thread Information