Weight Issue
Create Post

Thread: Weight Issue

Weight Issue

Prior to my DEP in weigh in I was at 212 lbs. My max weight was 197 and so I lost the weight in 4 days... 195. (Of course mostly water weight).

Now my SHIP weight is 190 and I am sitting at 208...204 after today. (Lost 4 lbs on the scale today) I know I can lose the weight (hopefully through RELIGOUS 4 hour days at the gym in a Sauna bag, with little kids looking at me weird)

My question is do I get weighed at BootCamp?

'Poolee Muniz

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You will be checked at MEPS and then again at MCRD! Does that bother you any?

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    You will be checked at MEPS and then again at MCRD! Does that bother you any?

I am aware of MEPS... is it alright if I go over when I am weighed at MCRD?

Correct me if I am wrong.

MEPS = Not at weight, I can't go
    MCRD = ?? Half Rations but they won't send me back?

Because if I eat my strength back over the weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, & Monday) after being weighed at MEPS I will be back around 203/204.

U Should Be Good To Go

I WAS A DI AT PARRIS ISLAND AND JUST PREPARE YOURSELF FOR DIET TRAY AND YOU WILL LOSE IT IN A WEEK!! BUT GUESS WHAT YOU KEEP LOSING THE WHOLE TIME I BET YOU WILL GRADUATE AT 189. SDI SSGT SAXTON SENDS

Quote Originally Posted by PIDI 8511
    I WAS A DI AT PARRIS ISLAND AND JUST PREPARE YOURSELF FOR DIET TRAY AND YOU WILL LOSE IT IN A WEEK!! BUT GUESS WHAT YOU KEEP LOSING THE WHOLE TIME I BET YOU WILL GRADUATE AT 189. SDI SSGT SAXTON SENDS
    Thank you Sir!

Hopefully I can lose the weight soon, so I can get off the diet try ASAP.

'Poolee Muniz

Honestly, you knew this was coming, why did you wait until now to worry about it?

Weight is an issue for some Marines for their entire career. Work to ensure that you aren't one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Muniz
    Prior to my DEP in weigh in I was at 212 lbs. My max weight was 197 and so I lost the weight in 4 days... 195. (Of course mostly water weight).

Now my SHIP weight is 190 and I am sitting at 208...204 after today. (Lost 4 lbs on the scale today) I know I can lose the weight (hopefully through RELIGOUS 4 hour days at the gym in a Sauna bag, with little kids looking at me weird)

My question is do I get weighed at BootCamp?

'Poolee Muniz
    Hey Muniz, I can sh*t 4lbs (used to all the time for wrestling to make weight back in the day My suggestion to you is to control your eating, especially late night eating. If you're spending 4 hours in the gym, "religiously" then you should be walking out of there, drinking a gallon of water and going to bed. You lose fat while you sleep if, IF, your doing something during the day to speed up your metabolism, like 4 hours in the gym. My 4 hours in the gym and your 4 hours in the gym aren't the same, you better be doing something beside standing at the water cooler looking at all the girls. High reps, high reps, high reps. Honestly, the way your weight is fluctuating tells me that your not quite as disciplined, or truthful right now. Snap in, wake up, get with it, if you want to be a Marine then you need to make sacrifices and adjustments today.

bro, can you first class PFT?

sorry with my obsession with that...I have no problem with a Marine with some genetic chub as long as he can first class PFT

well boot camp should put you there.but afterwards DO MAINTAIN IT !!

I wouldn't suggest going to boot camp barely making weight. You will be put on a diet tray and its just kind of sad. Spend an extra month or two at home getting better prepared and go there, and then you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight.

About my Weight

January 2007 = 267 lbs
    May 2007 = 253 lbs
    June 2007 = (Decided I want to become a Marine) 253 lbs
    July 24thish = 223
    August 6th, 2007 = 195 (208 After Water Weight Came Back)
    August 26th, 2007 = 208... Maintained so I could enjoy some time before my diet started back up in september.
    August 28th, 2007 = 201

3 - 4 hours a day at the gym with a Sauna Suit.
    8 Miles a day (running outside)

I would have waited until Oct. but I got offered a "kicker" to leave on the 10th.

To Hawks: I am confident in being able to
    1st Class PFT in the
    3 Mile
    Situps

The pullups I am only up to 11.

'Poolee Muniz

Sitting in a sauna suit doesn't do much for you really. You have to hydrate, so the weight is coming right back.

You don't get a first class in different events, it is an overall PFT score.

Beware of the Pork Chop Platoon. That, from what I've heard (and from what I saw), is the biggest killer of motivation on the depot.

I'd venture a guess and say that MRP was worse. At least the PCP people have a goal to be working towards. In MRP we just sat or laid there waiting to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Sitting in a sauna suit doesn't do much for you really. You have to hydrate, so the weight is coming right back.

You don't get a first class in different events, it is an overall PFT score.
    My mistake, I was told it was "each" task.
    I have never counted my sit-ups and I have only timed myself during a 2 mile run. My quickest

12:11 (Mid July)

Pork Chop Platoon? Persons over weight may I assume?
    MRP? No idea

PCP- Physical Conditioning Platoon AKA Pork Chop Platoon-- is actually for people that don't pass the IST or PFT. Many of them are over weight, hence the name. However, a skinny person that isn't in shape can end up there just as quickly.

MRP- Medical Rehabiliation Platoon- where you go if you get hurt too seriously to continue training.

Thread Information