Fmf
Create Post

Thread: Fmf

Fmf

Oorah, devildogs. Hope you're all having a freakin' awesome day.

I graduated bootcamp 20060804, however, I only just graduated on 20070823 from MOS school (thank God, no more Stumps!).

I'm finally off to the FMF! I'm heading to 1st MAR DIV, 3rd AAV BN as on 0651 (data guy).

My PFT is constantly going up (right now only at a 260 though), I'm always about 25-30 minutes early (I have OCD about being on time), I'm motivated, and I'm ready to get some.

Can any of you salty war dogs give me some advice and insight into the life and workday of a FMF Marine?

Also, in 6 months when I rate a cutting score, I'll be about 60-70 points above the avg. composite score my MOS has been having for the past year, so not too long from now, I may potentially be picking up Cpl. (I'm shooting for about 6 months or so from now). My question regarding this is: which leadership style, in your own personal experience, has lead to the best results -- primarily authorative, primarily democratic, or a more even mixture of both?

Sorry I'm asking for alot out of this post, I just want to be as prepared as possible to do my best out in the Fleet and lead those junior to me to my maximum potential and effectiveness.

Semper Fi, Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Take the Lead, Every day, In every way. Good luck.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    primarily authorative, primarily democratic, or a more even mixture of both?
    Consistency is the key. However the situation deems what is necessary
    to accomplish the mission. Do not have favorites with Marines of your junior. All Marines are created equal. It is the NCO and SNCO's job to insure that all Marines have the potential to excel to be the greatness of the Marine Corps. Good luck to you and great job!

Good advice, it's much appreciated.

I agree with Blooper. Plain and simple

Thread Information