Rest In Peace brother
Create Post

Rest In Peace brother

I recently returned home from a 8 month tour in Iraq. Unfortunately, my battalion didn't return completely. Many men gave given their lives on foreign soil. Brave men. Heroes.

I deployed with 2nd Bn 3rd Marines to Afghanistan in '05-'06 and to Iraq in '06-'07. I was wounded in Afghanistan during combat operations with insurgents in the mountains. If there was a way to sacrifice myself to ensure that those young men returned home to see their families, I would go back to those mountains today and gladly hand myself over to the enemy.

I feel guilty every single day that I'm alive, that I was spared and other, younger men weren't.

Please take a moment to read the link below. This is a good friend of mine that was a custodian in my Armory. He was a bright, intelligent, smart young man and he had a promising life ahead of him.

Take every opportunity that you can to spend time with your friends. You never know when they might be taken from you.

Semper Fidelis

http://www.militarycity.com/valor/2387242.html

R.I.P. LCpl Jeromy D. West

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine2111
    I recently returned home from a 8 month tour in Iraq. Unfortunately, my battalion didn't return completely. Many men gave given their lives on foreign soil. Brave men. Heroes.

I deployed with 2nd Bn 3rd Marines to Afghanistan in '05-'06 and to Iraq in '06-'07. I was wounded in Afghanistan during combat operations with insurgents in the mountains. If there was a way to sacrifice myself to ensure that those young men returned home to see their families, I would go back to those mountains today and gladly hand myself over to the enemy.

I feel guilty every single day that I'm alive, that I was spared and other, younger men weren't.

Please take a moment to read the link below. This is a good friend of mine that was a custodian in my Armory. He was a bright, intelligent, smart young man and he had a promising life ahead of him.

Take every opportunity that you can to spend time with your friends. You never know when they might be taken from you.

Semper Fidelis

http://www.militarycity.com/valor/2387242.html

R.I.P. LCpl Jeromy D. West

No need to feel guilty. You did your duty as they did theirs. The only difference was the Lord chose to call them home earlier than you. Instead, feel proud to have known Americans like them.

Don't forget that there is help available to assist you if you find the guilt becomes too much to bear. This forum is only one place.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Welcome aboard Sergeant.

Not a day goes by, that I don't give thanks for each and every one of our troops, combat and support alike. And their families that either support them, or mourn them.

I had the opportunity to address a hand full of young Devil Dogs recently after a 'training excersize' they were helping with. My basic plea to them was that that take to heart, the fact that they are helping to provide a better world...
    For my kids,
    for their kids,
    and for our childrens children.

Let no one die in vain, and they will always be remembered for their sacrifice, as long as there is a Marine alive.

Semper Fidelis
    and once again, welcome aboard.

Thanks for the replies fellas. It's good to find a website like this.

I just want to keep alive the names and memories of those that have fallen before us.

Semper Fidelis

Thread Information