Thank you, for helping me make my decision. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Easy for someone to say, whos parents bought them a truck. (just assuming they bought it for you)
    Under normal circumstances I would stay in school. Id actually be at football practice right now. My life has took some major changes in the past few months, being that I moved to another state ect...
    I just want to get my life started already. I mean, I live in Vegas...
    I could party every night if I WANTED to.
    Im over that **** though.

STOP OVERRIDING THE CENSOR>>>>OR YOU WILL BE MEETING ME....FAST

Last edited by thedrifter; 08-21-07 at 06:14 AM.

I understand, my parents want me to stay in school. Become an officer like my brother, but I want to get out now. I'm almost 19 and I've done ****. Thats why I decided to join the Marines now. College will always be there and I know for a fact the Marines will be here forever. If your gonna do it, do it while your young. Now I now that everyone is against you and the Army program but I'm not. If you feel thats the best option that makes YOU feel happy. Than I'm all for it. I live right next to Benning hell, after you graduate OSUT here, we can kick back and chill until you finish ABN and Ranger School. I don't have any quams about you or your decision. It's your life and you decides yours. Besides a Ranger is top notch Soldier. I've met more than plenty in my days and all of them are just as hostile when i say I wanna join the Marines or when I were my USMC T-shirts, but they understand, and they congratualte me for trying to serve. Not everyone can be a Marine, not everyone can be a Ranger.

I bought myself that truck with money I earned from working. I was offered the car of my choice if I promised not to join the Military until after college, I refused it. So yes, relativly speaking I do have it easy, but I also have a work ethic. Having had some issues with regards to enlisting I did my fair share of work. Now as soon as my parents sign I have papers that need to up to MEPS for approval. So before you go criticizing me, I put more work into making sure I could do what I wanted than you.

From everything you said it sounds a lot like you are choosing this path, not being forced into it. I gave my two cents, regardless, good luck with whatever you choose to do. I apologize if I came off harsh, but I don't like to be judged, I don't think anyone does.

Mike

kids quit your *****in.....neither of you have it too difficult in life.....you have a roof o have food bein put into your stomaches dont you?....you have clothes on your back right?....so drop the lil argument about having it "difficult" in life trust me you have it fairly easy compared to alot of others in the world....

Listen up,

If you're "batting" around the idea of being an officer, but not quite sure, you aren't at that point in your life where it should be an option. You are wholly responsible for the lives of this Nation's most valuable and prized resource, the Marines. Their health and well-being comes before your own ALWAYS. It means being on top of your game every waking moment from the second you are sworn in till the day you resign your commission. NCOs are in a similar boat when it comes to the amount of responsibility they shoulder.

A friend of mine has a father who is a Captain in the Navy. He told me once "**** is magic in the military. It flows uphill."

Crazymjb,

Its a nice truck, why I assumed otherwise.

Mavreen you have have a valid point.
    Being a officer isnt even a option for me at the moment, I probally need to let **** just play out.

Last edited by thedrifter; 08-21-07 at 06:15 AM.

Question, whos parents had a panick attack and started crying when they heard you were joining the Military?
    My whole family is flipping out, especially all the women. I have to hide the fact im going in as infrantry. pf

Don't worry, it happens to most people. My mom did more than flipped out and my dad looks down upon me as a disappointment. Your not alone. That question gets asked more than once around here.

Im not bothered at all, im just surprised with there reactions. The only reason my dad is cool with it, is because I told him id kill myself working to become a Officer.
    I find it kind of funny in a way.

kid dont worry my mom was the same way shes still proud of me and all but she wasnt happy with it especially my Infantry choice

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    It have a 16 year old daughter that has been looking towards serving her country. Gosh darnn rights I'm intrerered in her choices.

Thread Information