USMC PFT Calculator - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pull-ups: 6
    Crunches: 108
    3-mile: 21:40

Score: 208

Yeah, my Pull-ups ****ing suck, and i'm going to work on running later.

your pullups you only get three thats bare minimum......a good way to get those up are to do pyramids get someone to spot you if need be...but start at 1 then do 2 all the way up to 5 then back down to 1 and do like 20 pushups inbetween each set.......and when you get up to being able to do lets say 5 then switch it and start at 8 pullups and go down to 1 then back up to 8 it works really good i went from 3 pullups to 12 pull ups in a matter of 3 weeks doing that every dayi worked my ass off at boot....another good bit of advice is throw a pack on with some extra weight in it while doing pullups that way when you take the pack off to really do them itll be easier and youll do mroe then when the pack was on

dont feel bad my pft score sucks to..... i am still tryin to improve mine drastically.... run 25 flat thats 58 points 100+ crunches theres 100 points...so that puts me at 158 right there...then 15 pullups so thats 75 theres 233 score... so dont feel bad if your scores arent the greatest cause Ihave a pretty low score myself adn there are Other marines out tehre who cant even get a first class i know a few that cant even get a second class..... but its important to constantly work on these...the more you improve each one the better off you are( a little hint...before i went to boot...my score was about 159....) but id rather not even remind myself abotu those days....lol..and that was back in jan....

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter
    dont feel bad my pft score sucks to..... i am still tryin to improve mine drastically.... run 25 flat thats 58 points 100+ crunches theres 100 points...so that puts me at 158 right there...then 15 pullups so thats 75 theres 233 score... so dont feel bad if your scores arent the greatest cause Ihave a pretty low score myself adn there are Other marines out tehre who cant even get a first class i know a few that cant even get a second class..... but its important to constantly work on these...the more you improve each one the better off you are( a little hint...before i went to boot...my score was about 159....) but id rather not even remind myself abotu those days....lol..and that was back in jan....
    Once you reach about 15 pullups a lot of people start having problems getting more reps. One good way is to start adding extra weight at that point. Put on a backpack and fill it with some heavy stuff. Then do some pyramids. You will find yourself reaching 20 after some time. And off course, try to get through the reps fast.
    ... and make sure to stop at 20 and not go higher when you do the test

lol....thanks for giving me my own advice there....

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter
    lol....thanks for giving me my own advice there....
    Riiiiigth, missed your earlier post there

well there, Andrews......have a lil bit more closer atttention to details....but no harm done....lol

Thread Information