Army Warrant Officer Candidate Program. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    to what age will the Marine Corps waive before they say no??

Your question needs further clarification and much better English composition.

In other words....HUH?

WOW....up until herykane's post, this thread hasn't been posted in in a little over 2 years.
    Why can't people start a new thread instead of bringing up an old one.

LOL. Dunno. I didn't even look at the date. But if you can make sense of it........

Sgt Leprechaun...that's why I suggested a new thread be started so we know what's being asked.

So noted....

Quote Originally Posted by 3077India View Post
    Well, I've decided to give it a go. Since I'm too OLD for my beloved Corps and I'm wanting to serve; I've decided to try the Army. A guy I work with in Roleplay, who is also former army, suggested that I look into the WO program rather than go enlisted. So I did; to be a WO in the Army you have to be at least 18, but not older than 46 (I'm 38), with a high school diploma or GED (I have my BA) and willingness to put up with 18 to 19 weeks of training. I'll have to pass an aptitude test and survive a background investigation as well as pass the MEPS physical.

At my age this isn't intended to be a career, but rather a means to another end, which in this case it's my desire to return to school and get my Masters in Psychology and eventually my Doctorate. Student loans would shackle me with a bill equal to a small house in the boonies and that is something I don't want to deal with.

At any rate, I'm talking to the recruiter again tomorrow, perhaps things can work out to my benefit.
    how many years did you serve? im sure you had the 8 year obligation, subtract that from your current age and that is the age the Marine Corps considers you. i came back in at 36...you are only 2 years older than i am

GREY MATTER...you do realize the post you quoted is over 2 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    GREY MATTER...you do realize the post you quoted is over 2 years old.
    i realized it after i made my post

thanks so much for the...hospitality Marines btw, BA in English here , not that it matters right?? guess my "short speak" wasn't understood. no need to clarify. a little research on my own garnered the answer i sought.

ps, guess i missed the etiquette class on posting in forums but oooh-rah

I wouldn't care how many rifle awards you said you had if I saw you repeatedly shooting the berm. It would only make me wonder what kind of outfit would give you a medal.

Your use of the English language is horrible. In two posts here you've made more mistakes than most middle-schoolers. You obviously have disregard for the basics of punctuation and capitalization. You might want to check on that degree and make sure it wasn't an internet special.

hey thanks so much for that wonderful incite, but as there will be no grade issued...ah well guess i'm not that rigid. must be that creative side of my brain thinking "outside the box." but i get it - for some people, this place is all they have, and i'm not knocking that so if it makes you feel good to grip about the grammer um, here, go right ahead!

guess that Marine camaraderie dies after a while huh - oooh-raaah

oops, that's "gripe" and "grammar" for all those who had the urge to correct that

good times

Quote Originally Posted by herykane View Post
    hey thanks so much for that wonderful incite, but as there will be no grade issued...ah well guess i'm not that rigid. must be that creative side of my brain thinking "outside the box." but i get it - for some people, this place is all they have, and i'm not knocking that so if it makes you feel good to grip about the grammer um, here, go right ahead!

guess that Marine camaraderie dies after a while huh - oooh-raaah
    I would give a Naval Academy graduate the benefit of the doubt on this one. And, camaraderie has nothing to do with it; the captain is merely pointing out the obvious here. Just because this is an internet forum does not mean you should write like you're texting on your smartphone (very lazy by the way). In fact, if you will take the time to investigate, proper capitalization, punctuation, and spelling are all requirements of this website (you can find those site rules in the poolee hall if you're interested which I doubt). So, in a way, you are being issued a grade...and you are failing! That's not being rigid; that's just the way it is. You call it "thinking outside the box"; I call it being sloppy and lazy with your keyboard.

p.s., BS degree here (and I'm not too lazy to write like I have one).

education is education, but yes there are those who wouldn't agree - duly noted. boasting is beyond arrogant and something I choose not to do sorry, I just don't have the inclination to bandy words on what constitutes laziness in this extensive electronic network we call the internet

much respect to those who served, and those who continue to serve, and a special one to my fellow Marines because I'm definitely one who believes in the motto "Once a Marine, Always a Marine" and have nothing but love for those who were down in the dirt digging trenches with me. Rock on and remember..."work hard to play hard"

Thread Information