Marine Corps Dress Blues Jacket a fashion statement? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Strike back on a lowly citizen... where are you coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Kildars
    It seems hypocritical that we have signed up to fight to protect the rights of our citizens to scream and shout whatever they want, but then, we flip out when the excersize those rights in a fashion we do not like. Just know, that when you assault someone for screaming, or holding a flag upside down, you only give the left, anti-military, anti-war idiots more ammo.
    I'll give em all the ammo they need you just point me to where they want it...in the chest, in the head...**** I don't care. Those rights are important, but I fully understand them too, however I truly believe that as I said before by doing this you trample on the rights of others who have earned the right to wear the uniform, or else it wouldn't be so special, therefore, in this instance should be illegal...period.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    Cause we aren't friggen citizens We Are Marines. get over it ,,,,or adapt.
    I think Marines are the best forms of citizens of our great republic.

And you stand here and you tell men who have BTDT that they don't "understand" the freedoms of this country and why they act in a certain way when people do this...how dare you?

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    I'll give em all the ammo they need you just point me to where they want it...in the chest, in the head...**** I don't care. Those rights are important, but I fully understand them too, however I truly believe that as I said before by doing this you trample on the rights of others who have earned the right to wear the uniform, or else it wouldn't be so special, therefore, in this instance should be illegal...period.
    What rights exactly do they trample on by holding a flag upside down, or wearing a slight duplicate of a dress blue blouse? It is illegal to wear uniforms and represent yourself as something you are not. However, it is also illegal to assault people. Woody, I'm not trying to tell you to take the high road -- it just takes a bigger man to shake your head and be reasonable when people excersize rights that you have signed up to fight for, millions of men and women have died for, that you may also not like. Just be smart!

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    Marcus, I understand where your coming from and there is nothing legally we can go about it. (Now of course, theres the back alley).

In my case I can relate to phony people and especially phony veterans. We had this one guy last week claim his dad was a SgtMaj, his brother was a Captain in the Marines, and the only reason he didn't join because he was starting a business. Well after a day, they found out he is a 4-time felon for Assualt, Armed Robbery, Grand Theft Auto. All types of ****, so basically they told him to **** off, your a disgrace and good luck with living. Well today, while chilling at the recruiters a phone call comes in and its the same guy! but get this. He is in Anaheim California and this time he came in with "his" units T-shirt and said he wanted to re-enlist. Now this time had a totally different story. Dad was a Vietnam vet, brother is a SSgt. in the Army, his twin brother is a SEAL. and he was in from 96-00. Now I've met the guy, shook his hand, had a conversation with him. When my recruiter gave me the heads up. I really wanted to beat the livinig **** out of him. Even that fake-ass rapper from Houston Tx who claimed to be a Recon Marine, and a SSgt in 4. I would never leave if I was a SSgt. in 4 years. Thats pretty freaking impossible.
    Not only that you have the fake MOH Army Poser who was recently been brought to national soptlight.

To a certain extent. I can accept it if you apologize and never have claimed military service, but once you put on a FULL uniform, claim you BTDT and you never have. Thats when i have a problem.

This a free country and people do what they want to do.
    I definately feel you on that. Those posers wouldn't last in my town. Just on my street: My next-door neighbour is a retired Navy diver, my dad is a retired Navy Chief (jet mechanic), my other neighbour is an active duty Navy cook, and across the street lives a big, mean, black former Marine helicopter mechanic who also played Linebacker at NC state.

But, America is free, and all of the servicemen I know are very proud but law-abiding citizens who would never catch an assault case over some useless excuse for a person who goes through life lying.

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    And you stand here and you tell men who have BTDT that they don't "understand" the freedoms of this country and why they act in a certain way when people do this...how dare you?
    Where did I say they don't understand the freedoms? I'm just letting them know that people are clearly in their right to say whatever they want. It is a right that you have signed up to defend. Why then turn around and get angry and committ crimes yourself when they excersize them? Doesn't that make fighting for a constitution useless when people can not excerize the right you and hundreds of thousands of others have provided?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Read Heinlin... In his opinion, only those who served, willing to die, are allowed citizen franchise, The right to vote.the right to own land. Now that isn't the law, but I kinda hold that opinion. Just my opinion.

Read Heinlin... In his opinion, only those who served, willing to die, are allowed citizen franchise, The right to vote.the right to own land. Now that isn't the law, but I kinda hold that opinion. Just my opinion.
    I wouldn't disagree if this were put into law, and I will for sure check out his books.

Yeah, Woody. I'm going to have to agree with kildars here.

Marines have made the way so we can be free. Free to live by the constitution and the laws of America. If he/she has not broken the law. Then he/she has done no wrong by the law.

They were burning flags at CSU about 4 months ago. I showed interest in interuptting that process, but Gunny said this. "Being a Marine, there is a lot of **** that you will not like, there is a lot of **** you wish you could do. But as long as those same people can live in peace, then we have done our jobs."

You know let me tell you what rights these men have. They have the right to live peacefully and put the pieces of their lives back together without the worry of Johnny ****bag, destroying their flag, accosting them on the street, or verbally slandering their organization. They have the earned the right to wear a uniform that means something as it is tailored in the blood of their brothers sewn from the bone needles of all the deposed tyrants of the world. If it is wrong to have respect for something so sacred then let me be wrong.

Everyone ****ing flips a fit if the KKK burns a damn cross, but not when a Marine memorial is destroyd in Michigan, or a crazy lady on TV disgraces the Marine Dress Blues, or when someone burns the American flag. Whatever happened to the Rick Monday's of the world

This is how citizenry worked in Ancient Rome and some Greek states. That's why women were not citizens, Hell I say bring it back.

I have read Heinlins opinion and I agree with him quite strongly, the only thing is that there are innocent defenseless people out there who can't serve. I also think that men should protect women and children, but that might be a little out dated and most women can protect themselves now.

Woody, right now we live in the times where people are more concerned more about Racsim, illegal immigration than Iraq or our Troops. Theres not a damn thing you, me, or they can do about it. I'm ****ing ****ed the Marine Memorial was vandalized. I can give two ****s what the KKK does nowadays. People have the right to believe in what they believe, as long as they don't infringe my rights an American. I'm good to go, squared the **** away.

Now can we catch everyone?? No.

Can we kill anyone who disgraces a military uniform? No (I wish.)

Can we make America the way we want? No.

We live in a diverse country, where White, Black, Latino, and Asians all live free, but were all American. Thats the only thing that makes us equal. But everyone is different, everywhere is different.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Whoa. I left for a couple of hours and all of this happened. Sorry for starting up a pretty debateful thread.

Thread Information