Help A worthy Warrior
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Help A Worthy Warrior - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

As promised we have come up with a way that any of us that wish to can help replace Pvt Arathuzik's dress blues so that he may be buried in them if that comes to pass. He has about two more weeks of chemotherapy after which the doctors have stated that there is nothing more that they can do for him. Tim has fooled them before as he has been read the last rights twice, come out of a coma they said he would not and survived a year and a half of very aggressive chemotherapy and treatments. Tim underwent a steroid treatment that caused him to out grow the blues that his Senior Drill Instructor presented him with. His mother requested information on how she might replace his blues as Tim indicated his wish to buried in them as a Marine.

Sergeant Tilley a Marine recruiter at RSS Worcester has graciously agreed to purchase the blues and present them to Tim's family. He has told me that the approximate costs would be about $200.00 for the blouse and $100.00 for the trousers. There would also be a UPS or FedEx fee for shipping from Camp Pendleton where his wife will purchase them to Massachusettes. Ellie will send Sgt. Tilley a check once we have collected sufficient donations. If we have any funds left over I asked that she use them for flowers if and when Tim passes on.

If you wish to help in this mission join me in sending a small donation to thedrifter at;

Eleanor S. Schallow and/or Mark Schallow

755 Grace Street

Jacksonville, NC. 28546-5120

We take care of our own and we leave no Marine behind and to that tradition I have no doubt that we will accomplish this mission. Thank You

Semper Fi

Jim

Pvt. Timothy Arathuzik News Article on USMC.mil and Leatherneck.com

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn20...ht=2,Arathuzik

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27739

Last edited by jinelson; 08-06-07 at 07:42 AM.

Marines Helping Marines!

This is one of Our main reasons why this web site is here..

Ellie

Check is in the mail!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    For those that want a printable version of Jim's post for their MCL's, I have posted: Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf

Right click on the Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf link and either select Print Target or Save Target As...

Blasting out check asap. Hopefully Pvt. Arathuzik will just let this set of Dress Blues hang in his closet and not have to use them.

Writing the check tonight.

Sorry to have to correct you Ron my friend, but he will need to wear them for the Marine Corps Ball.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GOD BLESS you Jim, I know the family will appreciate your efforts as we all do here on L.com. My check will be in the mail shortly. GOD willing---he won't need the BLUES for many months.

Bless the Family and may they draw strength from his mighty word! Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    GOD BLESS you Jim, I know the family will appreciate your efforts as we all do here on L.com. My check will be in the mail shortly. GOD willing---he won't need the BLUES for many months.

Bless the Family and may they draw strength from his mighty word! Amen.
    I agree with You 100%...

Ellie

Check for $25 out today.

Sending Saterday morning7/28

Hope you get by Wednday.

Damn mail system we never know....LOL

Thank You Marines!

Ellie

On it's way

This really touched me. I haven't been following this ordeal, nor was aware of it, until Jnelson posted it. I guess I need to keep more in contact. God bless this Blessed Marine and his family. Marines stick together, and that's till the end, or present, then we'll all meet when the trumpet sounds, and go to Jesus, and lead the Christian Army against all evil. And if Tim passes, he'll be right there with us. I pray for his recovery, and his family. SF.....Paul

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ellie, My check is written and in the mailbox. As a PLATINUM MEMBER, I want take this opportunity to thank you for this very worth while effort. This young man is the very base of what we are on this earth for! He demonstrated Motivation and will power to achieve his goal to become a United States Marine in a way that none of us can imagine! I never met this fine young man, but as a cancer patient myself I hope that when my time comes I will have half the respect this man has from my fellow Marines! To bad the government doesn't give medals for effort. He has reflected great credit upon himself, MCRDPI, His Drill Instructors and Platoon, The United States Marine Corps, The United States Navy, and The United States of America.

Semper Fi Tim and to your family. Fellow members, reach deep and help this families cause as only we can.

My check will be in the mail tomorrow.

In addition my mother is also contributing.

SEMPER FI

Thread Information