New Parris Island Pics, 6/07.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Parris Island Pics, 6/07.

Hey gang, last night on the Poolee chat there were several of you, Raymon and others, all asking about Parris Island, and 3rd Battalion in particular. As I had said, we were just down there in June and had a blast on the base. As I'm retired we drove right on and went all over. It brought back lots of memories as it was the first time since I've been there since 78, yikes.

To be honest I didn't think we'd be able to see much. I didn't know where we were on base when we first drove on. We drove up to a parking lot area that had some barracks off to the left. As I got out I realized we were right in front of 3rd Battalion, as I said, my old recruit barracks!! I was stoked. Straight across the parade deck was the chow hall, to the left was all the barracks, to the right the command bld. It was EXACTLY as I left it, unreal.

The only thing that looked different was the phone booths were gone, (gang, a long time ago they had these little booths you would go in and put a dime then eventually a quarter in, and make phone calls from there...lol, just messing with you guys).

I was going to post them all here but there are about 30 pics or so. They are stored on Google Picasa web album, just click the link and you can enlarge the pics if you want. Hope you like 'em. There are 3rd bat, 1st or 2nd, can't remember which, 4th bat and some of the memorials as well. Lots of drilling pics as well.

Here's one or two to start, rest on the link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jetdoc30...ndParrisIsland

Heading to the gym then to work in a few, let me know if the pics came out and if the link is ok? Thx.

Thanks Sgt. Pics came out great. Nice inside look into 3rd Battalion. Every thing went real well this morning. Going to MEPS on Thursday, Gunny is kind of scarying me a little bit about my ship date. I hope he is messing with my head, he wants to send me in November!

p.s. Nice looking wife.

Cool pics. Much appreciated.

Credits
    Savings
    Wow - Great pics!! Are these called memories or flashbacks. Some days I would go back to PI and do it all over again!
    SFI
    C

awsome pictures.thanks for sharing

Raymon, glad it went well, did you gain that 1/2"? lol.

Glad you guys liked the pics...no problem. It was a blast while we were there, way worth the detour off of 95.

Yes I did get that 1/2" to make weight. I'm going to MEPS on thursday since my old recruiter threw away my social security card and Diploma. I'm heading off right now to get new ones.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Awesome news, Raymon.

Those photos are very motivating. In the way that it seems very bland and deathly - like some sites reminiscent of the holocaust... see profile - it seems completely unreal and holy. I really want to be there some day.

he threw away your social security card and diploma?!!! how did he make that mistake?

Good for you Raymon...I've heard of some recruiters misplacing things in the past.

Parris Island is sorta like a Navy ship, with all the pipes and wires showing. Its very functional and serves its purpose very well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great pictures! Wow you got that close to recruits? That's amazing haha. Thanks Sgt.! Is there any Marine who visited MCRD SD recently and have some pictures of it? hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalling
    he threw away your social security card and diploma?!!! how did he make that mistake?
    My old recruiter was getting out and he burned brdges when he left because of the SSgt NCOIC (Now Gunny) ****ed him off.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOLOL It is funny to hear Marines say they would go through Boot Camp again. No Marine would go through Boot again, we have earned the Title Marine. We stood our duty and some have done alot for the Corp. We earned our rank as NCOs and Ribbons. We stood watch and some gone into Combat. We earned the Good Conduct Medal as Marines and other Medals. Once earned never given, you earned the Title Marine. We have gone down in history as part of the Finest Fighting Force. Never start over again, but want to still be in as NCOs.

Once A Marine, Always A Marine

Semper Fi

Can't help you Jung..never been to MCRDSD.

Thats messed up Raymon, I can't believe he did that man. They are some important docs, obviously.

Thread Information