Name your favorite liberty port/location - Page 17
Create Post
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HO Bro....I'll drink to that!

After the Corps....I was a DOD contractor for 25years for Navy/Marine and went back to Barcelona a number of times....GREAT BIG SMILE AND SOME MEMORIES HERE!
    and cold beer too....

OOHRAH

The PI pure and simple. Magsaysay Dr. was the only street in the world that I new better at night and drunk than I did in the daylight and sober. We would pre-flight at Peso Jimmy's (The cheapest and coldest beer in the Po.) then head out the door, hand a left and let the party begin.

Tijuana, Mexico! I've never drank so much tequila in my life. I paid for it too.

Still, best time I had.

I would have to say Benadorm, Spain. Found a go-cart track and comminced with the fun. Drinking beer and driving like madmen. Dubai in the UAE was cool to. Haifa, Isreal was ok. Remember all the cassette tapes you could buy cheap, no copyright laws there.

It wasn't really a liberty port but Midway Island in the South Pacific was simply the most beautiful Isle in the US Navy.

Hotel street in Honolulu, when it was Hotel street in Honolulu.

Ports

My favorite port would have to be Palms Spain. Never had so much fun in my life. Me and 2 buddies hit every pub in a 2 block stretch. Was the first time being called a Lad, and it was an unbelievably hot scottish girl. Loved it.

Where to begin.......Hong Kong ROCKS, Bangkok, Pattaya, Korat Thailand (these should not have to be explained), Singapore

Been on WestPac's, Forward Deployed Naval Ships, and Med Floats.......NOTHING beats the liberty ports the Forward Deployed Navy Ships (and her 31st MEU Marines) hit on a typical float!!!!

The Pi

I loved the PI COMING DOWN FROM UPPER MAU CAMP, WE USED TO SPOT FIRE FOR THE SEVENTH FLEET ON BLACK ISLAND. WE WOULD SLIP ONE OF THE MIKE EIGHT PILOTS TWENTY BUCKS AND BRING TO ICED SEA BAGS OF SAN MIGUEL TO THE OP. BURRY IT AND WHEN LIVE FIRE WAS OVER AND THE OFFICERS WOULD GO BACK TO MAIN SIDE WE WOULD GET **** FACED. THE SMELL OF **** RIVER,BUY SOMETHING KIDS,CHANGING A HUNDERED DOLLARS AT THE MARKET AND GETTING A BRICK OF PESO THAT WOULDN'T FIT IN YOUR POCKET!!! HOW ABOUT A PITURE OF MOJO ON FRIDAY NIGHT.THE SKY CLUB!!! GRANDE ISLAND. OR WATCHING THE SQUIDS RUN BACK TO THIER SHIP FOR CYNDERELLA LIBERTY, AND THE PRICES OF BEER AND BAR FINES IMMEDIATLEY GO BACK TO NORMAL. AHHH I LONG FOR THE DAYS OFLAP DANCES AND SEVEN CENT BEER. HEY LETS GO RETAKE OUR BASE wHO'S IN UUURRRAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phuket, Thailand and then Singapore for second choice.

Back in the day, it was Subic Bay!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post
    Back in the day, it was Subic Bay!
    Yeah an Olongapo honey, San Miguel and on the beach with Bros...LMAO

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NamNuts View Post
    Yeah an Olongapo honey, San Miguel and on the beach with Bros...LMAO
    Amen bro... those were 5 of the most memorable weeks in my life.

Thread Information