Famous Marines: - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Famous Marines:

I don't think it's already been posted, but Drew Carrey is a former Marine. He served in the reserves as supply, if I remember correctly. That's why he still sports those BCG's; he earned them (contrary to what his present appearance would state...haha).

YUT!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Drew Carey

Birth: May 23, 1958
    Served in the USMCR from 1981-1986; actor and comedian appearing on many shows; He has his own show, The Drew Carey Show (1995-Present) and hosts Who's Line is it Anyway?. While serving in the Marine Corps Reserves his buzz cut and big black rimmed glasses became part of his trademark look.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I bet you guys don't know that Bugs Bunny is a Marine!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-Rabbit

Bugs then turns to the camera and says "This looks like a job for a REAL superman!" He ducks into a phone booth, and both Smith and the horse are ready to attack - until the booth opens and they both snap to attention and salute. Bugs marches out in a Marine uniform, singing The Marines Hymn, pausing to say, "Sorry, fellas, I can't play with you anymore. I got some important work to do," before marching off to 'Berlin, Tokyo and all parts East' while finishing the Hymn.

The U.S. Marine Corps was so flattered that Bugs Bunny decides to become a Marine in this film that they insisted that the character be officially inducted into the force as a private, which was done, complete with dogtags. The character was regularly promoted until Bugs was officially "discharged" at the end of World War II as a Master Sergeant.

Last edited by Phantom Blooper; 10-18-07 at 06:14 PM.

All this talk about Johnny Carson, made me remember that his sidekick, Ed McMahon had served in the Corps as a Marine Officer.
    How did we forget this Marine?

Colonel Ed McMahon as a young Marine Corps aviator, during World War II later saw some action in the Korean War retired as a full Colonel in the Reserve.
    Dig those hands in the pockets!

Dave, just curious, are you just posting a list of famous people that were not in the Marines? I know the lists I provided didn't have those folks on them.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    C

David Carradine - Was in the Army

D

Richard M. Daley - No record of him ever serving in the military

Oscar De La Hoya - No record of him serving in the military
    Walt Disney - Never served in the Military, Served in the Red Cross Ambulance Corps in France during WWI

Robert Duvall - Served 2 years in the Army

H
    Charlton Heston - Served in the Army
    K

Don Knotts - Served in the Army

M

Gerald McRaney - Never in the military, only played a Marine Officer on Major Dad

N

Chuck Norris - Never in the Marine Corps, he joined the Air Force

R

Dan Rather - Never a Marine. He did attend boot camp, however, was unable to complete his training and graduate..

Lou Rawls - Never in the Marine Corps, was in the Army

Paul Reubens (Pee-Wee) - Despite all the rumors, now where in any of his extensive interviews has he ever mentioned joining the Marines. So we are clasifying this is one big fat rumor.
    Burt Reynolds - Never served in the Military

Mr. Rogers - Never served in the Military

S

George Bernard Shaw - Never served in the Military

Slash - From GNR - No record of him every serving in the Military

Dee Snider - No record of him ever serving in the Military

W

Robert Wagner - Never served in the military

Jack Webb - According to nndb.com he served in the Army from 1942-1945.

Chris Weinke - No record of him ever serving in the military

Dave, the only two that were on the lists I provided AND your "not a Marine" list were, Dan Rather and Robert Wagner. I have provided several links that say both are Marines. In fact the one below has a bootcamp pic of Rather.

Have we stumbled upon something here, lol.

http://www.kidsthankavet.com/?path=famous

http://www.usmarinesbirthplace.com/P...t-Marines.html

Easy on the "Bugs" Bunnie part. Danjate1 oddly enough you are right. Just your spelling is off. I was in from 1960 to 1967 and of course went by "Bugs" Cpl. Bunnie L. Mueller DI loved it. Semper Fi all.

Hey Lou, getting Gunny in 7 years is pretty impressive. I know you were in during Vietnam but thats still pretty fast isn't it?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My resources are:

http://www.usmchangout.com/famousmarinerumors.htm

Thats what I am going by!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdoc
    Dave, the only two that were on the lists I provided AND your "not a Marine" list were, Dan Rather and Robert Wagner. I have provided several links that say both are Marines. In fact the one below has a bootcamp pic of Rather.

Have we stumbled upon something here, lol.

http://www.kidsthankavet.com/?path=famous

http://www.usmarinesbirthplace.com/P...t-Marines.html
    If you read my post you saw that Dan Rather went to Boot Camp but never graduated! That picture was his Boot Camp photo! If you remember they took those pics well before graduation! Besides---there are no other pictures of him in uniform that i can find! Good post though!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can't find anything to varify or deny service in Robert Wagoners Bio!

Dave, I think I remember that Rather didn't make it through bootcamp, good one. Do you know what got Rather kicked out?

I wonder if pro boxer Riddick Bowe made it to the photo phase, as he didn't make it either..and yes I agree on Robert Wagner, he is being a hard nut to crack for some reason....Lets see if we can clear up the Wagner thing.

Rather didn't make it through Recruit Training. He has claimed in the past to be a Marine, a title he doesn't rate. B.G. Burkett, in his book "Stolen Valor", outed him on that. He's NOT a Marine.

Working on Robert Wagner, but I don't believe he's a Marine. Will let you know.

Nothing I can find indicates Robert Wagner ever served in the military at all.

Thread Information