The meaning of 'Semper Fidelis' - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    Any Corpsman who has earned the respect of Marines, has the right to say Semper Fidelis.

I could bring one onboard here, that has more stories and tales than a lot of Marines, spent 20 some years in, wore the Marine green, and has every right to say it anytime he damm well pleases.
    I would go one further and say any soldier regardless of service who voluntarily serves in harms way deserves our respect and admiration in the form of Semper Fi.
    My step-son who is leaving for his 4th tour (3 in Iraq) next week, this one in Afganistan and by the way he continues to reenlist, deserves the title Semper Fi.
    He has had three chances to get out of the Army and has re-uped knowing he would be sent again.
    I sign off from I.M.s with him by using that Marine Corps moniker.
    He knows of my branch of service and respects me for it. He also tells me stories of joint operations with the Marines, and how he has a deep respect for their commitment and determination.

So I say all who have the heart of a warrior deserve a resounding SEMPER FI !!!!

Very true Marines,Semper FI.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the thoughtful answers gentlemen. I appreciate your time in doing so.

gardnerbob57103, A young man who just moved with his bride up the road from me (I live in the backwoods of w. Tennessee where a close neighbor is a mile up the road) was out working on his property, so I stopped to introduce myself.

I was wearing my Vietnam Ball Cap with my (Navy) Lieutenant bars on it. I knew he was a member of the military from the get-go because he stood at attention while I introduced myself.

Anyway, after he told me he was in the National Guard, I asked him if he had been deployed yet. He served one tour in Iraq, and told me that after he finished his school (Junior College) he is putting in for another tour. He also mentioned the joint service cooperation in Iraq, and spoke kindly of all Branches there.

I guess I gave him a swelled head, when I told him that I believe that the men and women of today's military, are the strongest, fastest, smartest, most courageous and most patriotic than any that I have seen in my lifetime.

I'm telling you, it amazes me each time I meet one of these heroes. We are damned lucky to have them. Please pass along this Old Salt's best to your son gardnerbob57103, and please reinforce the fact their country is proud of him.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OLD_SALT
    Thanks for the thoughtful answers gentlemen. I appreciate your time in doing so.

gardnerbob57103, A young man who just moved with his bride up the road from me (I live in the backwoods of w. Tennessee where a close neighbor is a mile up the road) was out working on his property, so I stopped to introduce myself.

I was wearing my Vietnam Ball Cap with my (Navy) Lieutenant bars on it. I knew he was a member of the military from the get-go because he stood at attention while I introduced myself.

Anyway, after he told me he was in the National Guard, I asked him if he had been deployed yet. He served one tour in Iraq, and told me that after he finished his school (Junior College) he is putting in for another tour. He also mentioned the joint service cooperation in Iraq, and spoke kindly of all Branches there.

I guess I gave him a swelled head, when I told him that I believe that the men and women of today's military, are the strongest, fastest, smartest, most courageous and most patriotic than any that I have seen in my lifetime.

I'm telling you, it amazes me each time I meet one of these heroes. We are damned lucky to have them. Please pass along this Old Salt's best to your son gardnerbob57103, and please reinforce the fact their country is proud of him.

Mike
    Your response brought tears to my eyes, and a thank you from the mother of my step-son.

(her words)Thank you, as former Army herself, it helps makes her feel better knowing that she has partners in her support and worriy for her son.

Quote Originally Posted by gardnerbob57103
    Your response brought tears to my eyes, and a thank you from the mother of my step-son.

(her words)Thank you, as former Army herself, it helps makes her feel better knowing that she has partners in her support and worriy for her son.
    Sorry for the typos.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You and your Bride are quit welcome, and as not to hijack this thread, may this old swab jockey get away with saying.... SEMPER FI

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OLD_SALT
    You and your Bride are quit welcome, and as not to hijack this thread, may this old swab jockey get away with saying.... SEMPER FI

Mike
    Hey old salt. Semper Fi for being there.

Semper Fi

At The End Of Flags Of Our Fathers There Is A Statement I Believe That Truly Reflects "semper Fi". We Fight For Our Country, But We Die For The Guy On The Left, The Guy On Our Right And The Person Behind Us! I Tried To Reup In 91 But They Told Me My Az Was To Old. I Would Return To Duty Today Without Hesitation N My Az Iz Even Older.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You can give your life for the ones you love,,,,,, All else ain't worth your time.

Being a Loser is not an Option

(In the USMC). Because of Marines such as my Drill Instructor SSGT Douglas D. Gardner 288139, who spent all of WWII except for the first 17 days, as a Japanese POW, (along with 700 Marines of the 1st Def. Bn. on Wake Island). He prevailed, after 44 months of captivity. A little later as I and about 60 odd other civilian ****birds tried to stand at attention at MCRD San Diego before him, Sgt. Gardner got our attention when he said: "... you people are uneducated, undisciplined and unmotovated, ... " (long pause as he looked us over and continued ), "... and we have a place for you." Although I didn't know what he meant at the moment I soon found out (and remember his wisdom to this day). It became my destiny to carry an M-1 rifle (US Rifle Cal 30) for the next 5 years. Which was the best medicine I ever took. I recommend it. I have seen and benefitted from the USMC styled light. I would therefore vote for us all carrying ((concealed or unconcealed but licensed, (this means trained) weapons.)) As do my friends the Israelis. I believe the evidence is that the streets would become more civilized, compared to what we have to contend with today. For you doubters, I suggest reading Professor and Lawyer at Yale University's first book MORE GUNS - LESS CRIME. We may see this development yet.
    Vote for John McCain. It may be that being a 4 - 5 year POW might tend to make one angry, right Marines? Kindest regards & SF, Gary Hall.

Sixty years after his discharge, my Grandfather could still quote the General Orders, still knew how to set up a patrol, and still talked of the men he served with in the 40's. When he was in his late 60's he tossed 17 year old butt across the room in a judo move he had instructed in 1943.

Semper Fi Sergeant Balch...

No doubt.

All who serve in harm's way deserve the Semper Fi signature.

Iam proud and motivated to know that I will someday serve with such men.

I now know I have come back home! Thanks Ellie for this web site. I couldn't quite figure out why I was so different. I guess I had forgotten, or maybe misplaced what made me - me. Thank you for reminding me! I know where home is now!

it doesn't matter if you served in peace time, or time of war, the fact is you served your country. We all knew the price we might have to pay. To those who gave the ultimate, I am forever gratful. For those who served and remain

Thread Information