List of Marine Corps MOS's - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hologram
    That's what I want to do right there.

Incredible. I was making light of, well, sheeeit, nevermind ...........

NO more big radios? Hell even in the Infantry we still had 1 guy on every patrol who had to carry the big radio in order to contact HQ. Sure alot of us had small personal radios but they range was very limited.

Them damn radios that were used in Vietnam were some of the worst ever made. Hell they could talk to the men on the moon but we had trouble most of the time talking at the most 1 mile.

Lol, i guess things have not improved too much then. We still have large(although not as alrge as vietnam radios) radios which cant seem to get a signal 1 click out

Quote Originally Posted by david529
    NO more big radios? Hell even in the Infantry we still had 1 guy on every patrol who had to carry the big radio in order to contact HQ. Sure alot of us had small personal radios but they range was very limited.
    Well, sir, they might still have the big radios. As you can see, I'm just a poolee who knows nothing, but I would think that the technology has progressed in the past few decades enough to make them obsolete.

Hell as a Marine i would think that technology could have made huge heavy radios obsolete but thats what you get for thinking now isnt it. The Prc-119a is still too damn large considering the technology available these days and it still doesnt work worth a fu#* The PRC-119F is about half the size and onewould think that it was still too big considering my cellphone gets reception in Iraq during a Foot Patrol in the middle of some farm. And the 199F doesnt work any better than its big brother. There is a PRC-148 whish is the size of a big walki-talki and can do everything the other radios can do excpet its range is even shorter and also doesnt always work. Its crazy, we walk past Iraqis talkin on cellphones but our huge expensive military green radio cant talk to someone 2 clicks away

Quote Originally Posted by david529
    Hell as a Marine i would think that technology could have made huge heavy radios obsolete but thats what you get for thinking now isnt it. The Prc-119a is still too damn large considering the technology available these days and it still doesnt work worth a fu#* The PRC-119F is about half the size and onewould think that it was still too big considering my cellphone gets reception in Iraq during a Foot Patrol in the middle of some farm. And the 199F doesnt work any better than its big brother. There is a PRC-148 whish is the size of a big walki-talki and can do everything the other radios can do excpet its range is even shorter and also doesnt always work. Its crazy, we walk past Iraqis talkin on cellphones but our huge expensive military green radio cant talk to someone 2 clicks away
    Haha, maybe that's what we get for contracting the lowest bidder?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Any Mortarman? Thats what I want to do i might go deaf though.

HABU, radio operators are still there. They changed the number right after I got out. It went from 2531 to 0621. My primary MOS was 2532 and that is now 0622 and 0623. Amazing, but it appears I have three MOS's now.

Mos

Hey you know they changed cryogenics it used to be another number. Or thats what my dad said. Anyways 0321 here. : )

There is an MOS missing 7222 Hawk Missle Operator. The only Anti Air Missle fired by Enlisted. sorry just had to add that.

Credits
    Savings
    Question: What MOSs are females allowed to have?

Credits
    Savings
    I believe Data Systems 40XX Merged with Communications 06XX

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Question: What MOSs are females allowed to have?
    Just about any...Except Combat Arms MOS's.

Thread Information