Need a little advice.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need a little advice.

I have been in the Marine Corps about a year and I am stationed with 1/5, my question is about the French Fourragere, I'm getting ready to do my wedding ceremony and I don't know if i am to wear it on the uniform or not. May be a dumb question but you know what they say about that. Thank you for any input.

Credits
    Savings
    Of course wear it

SF

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You would be out of uniform without it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations, and I concure with the other Marines wear it you rate it.

Jim

Yep. Wear it. Think of it this way, Marine blood earned it, you rate to wear it. It's been bought and paid for.

Sgt Leprechaun- I like how you put that, sir!
    drumcorpssnare

You damb right you wear it. There are so many Marines that would love to wear it but cant. I still cant believe there are Marines that have no idea what it is.

Yes it is sad that alot of Marines don't know what it is, I learned about it on PI. My question now is does anyone know the like regulation for it on uniform, is it worn on all uniforms or just service etc and the placement. That question alone shows that it is a dying item, i'll be proud to wear it.

Do you have a guidebook for Marine's? It should have detailed information of how it's properly worn. Or ask someone who's worn it before, the correct way.

I always refer to this for up-to-date uniform regs.

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Give me a freakin break! You are in a unit of some 3,000 Marines (5th Marine Regiment) and can't find one NCO than can tell you how the Fourragere is worn? Are you kidding? Ask your fireteam leader and if you are a fire team leader you are fired. Congratulations on the marriage.
    Mountain climbers .... freaking begin.

Agreed, Bulkyker.

This is from the order:

2. The 5th and 6th Marine Regiments were so cited during World War I, and therefore, all Marines serving in these units are authorized to wear the
    Fourragere.
    3. Marines entitled to wear the Fourragere will wear it on all uniform
    service and dress coats/jackets
    when medals or ribbons are prescribed.

There's gotta be an NCO there that knows how it's worn if it is required.

It's sold in the PX but no one in the unit ever wears it or not that I have seen in any inspection we have had. The unit just took the largest boot drop it's seen in a long time, The entire co. i came with from SOI East and a co. from SOI west. When we got here my plt had 2 NCO's and a few Lcpls that are just now hitting their 2 yr mark. I will research it more myself, I apologize for the Inconvenience

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was in 5th Marines as a Corporal and Sergeant and the Fourragere was part of the gear issue at supply. When you check out you turn it in along with your ruck and your canteens. It is an honor to wear and hopefully you have expericed at least one uniform inspection since you joined the most decorted battalion in the Marine Corps. Never saw one for sale at the PX but I've been out awhile.

Thread Information