Can I get some help with this pub question please?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Can I get some help with this pub question please?

I am trying to find out wether or not a marine in uniform may wear headphones and listen to music (or whtever else one could use headphones for) while stationary. I know it is not allowed while pting. If u could cite the source preferably the mco it would be appreciated. semper fi! LCpl Motard

while the MCO doesnt say it more than likely it could be a base order so youll have to check but ifyou are stationed in oki more than likely its true they have ridiculous rules never in my life had to tuck in a baseball jersey till i was there.

But ask any admin clerk the good oh rule will **** people off but show me in writing is a good thing to know

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would be willing to bet my house - NO!

thank you. its more of a "i want to know the official answer" more then anything else. do you know how to find base orders online? tommorow i can ask for a paper copy. LCpl Motard

if you aint ordnance you aint s***

i would bet my barracks room that you are correct Marine84, but i want to see those words in the pub to prove it wrong, or possibly right; or is there no regulations on it?

The answer would be "NO", because it is not a part of the official uniform. You probably won't find it in the regulations, just like you wont' find something in the regs about wearing a cowboy hat in dress blues, but you can't can't do that either.

Same situation applies.

Sgt.Leprechaun- Well, if you can't wear a cowboy hat in Dress Blues, then 10thz and jet can't wear their tin-foil hats or propeller-beanies in Dress Blues either!

Hey, are there any regs on wearing "schrapnel" (pierceings) in Uniform? I just don't "get" the whole pierceing thing. However, I did tell a kid once, "If you REALLY want to make a statement, with your pierceing....get a custom-made, stainless steel safety-pin made, about five feet long. Run it up your a$$, and out the top of your head, and fasten it. NOW...you've made a statement!"
    drumcorpssnare

Perfect!

And, yeah, it's illegal to have any piercings, ANYwhere, for a male Marine. And, yes, I disc'd a kid for having his nipples pierced. (There were other issues ongoing but that was what he ended up going in front of the man about...)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That, and many opther, subects fall under COMMON SENSE! I guess they can't teach that at MCRD! It's one of those things you have or you don't! All you got to remember about WEARING anything is "IF THE CORPS WANTS YOU TO HAVE IT, THEY WILL ISSUE IT TO YOU"! Any of you older MArines know that is true, even for a mustach, If it ain't on your ID, you can't have one! I grew mine while on leave and then when I got back to base I reported loosing my ID, new picture, new ID, problem solved!

yea you can find pubs and directives online depending on what your command is generally there will be a site you can look up all orders almars etc frmo the base and the higher cammands im willing to be its probably a base order they are generally the order who put no running with ear phones on make rules or exceptions about wearing a cover while driving a car etc stuff like that civie attire... try camp fosters website there might be some way to look up orders and stuff on there.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by drumcorpssnare
    Sgt.Leprechaun- Well, if you can't wear a cowboy hat in Dress Blues, then 10thz and jet can't wear their tin-foil hats or propeller-beanies in Dress Blues either!

Hey, are there any regs on wearing "schrapnel" (pierceings) in Uniform? I just don't "get" the whole pierceing thing. However, I did tell a kid once, "If you REALLY want to make a statement, with your pierceing....get a custom-made, stainless steel safety-pin made, about five feet long. Run it up your a$$, and out the top of your head, and fasten it. NOW...you've made a statement!"
    drumcorpssnare
    Never had dress blues, lost all desire for them my first day in the Marines.

BTW, you know, most young men join the Marines so they can wear dress blues, but in my time 1960 to 1965 I could count on two hands how many FMF Marines corporal and below that I knew in all three Marine divisions that had dress blues and still have fingers left over. Go figure why genius...

In my opinion, generally only lifers, reservist and band people wore them...

The average FMF Marines were to busy b!tching to be parading around with weekend warriors candy asses in dress blues.

what base are you at foster or futenma?

10thz- ...parading around with weekend warriors candyasses...?

Grow up, Richard!
    drumcorpssnare

Credits
    Savings
    Gotcha

I've seen people in PT gear listening to music at the Hansen gym. Is this important? I thought the Marine Corps had bigger fish to fry. It seems like an issue for some rear echelon guy, who's reupped for okie a few times too many.

Thread Information