To all future present and former MARINES - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I will comment.

It is the Air Gound Team in the Corps that kicks A**, all MOSs in the Marine Corps are important. From Admin to Force Recon, but all Marines are basic Grunts. Your a Marine and that is what only matters, you do your job the best you can and look out for your fellow Marines. Once you become a Marine NCO, you main thing is your lower ranking Marines, you look out for them and watch out for them the best you can. It does not matter what MOS you have, your a Marine. All Marines are trained the sameway and do the samethings in training, but some MOSs are differant. It has to be that way to win and kick a**. At anytime every Marine can pick up a rifle and stand next to each other and fire, hit targets on the lines. That is why there is only two Boot Camps MCRD SD and PI for the Marine Corps.

Semper FI Do or Die

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    Yes but these aren't there kind of threads...they are more inclined to answer specific questions that haven't been answered yet or wait for one of the poolees to say something stupid, pounce on them like jaguars, laugh, share a drink and some popcorn, and then write up the tally of who owes who a new keyboard or monitor....did I get that right 84?
    I think you're gonna "get" the mental part hands down, no problem I like being called a jaguar

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    I like being called a jaguar
    I'm so intrigued to know why.

Back on topic.

I'm hopefully going to be 0311, I don't if you can sign-up to be a 0321 in the Reserves or not. Since a Recon Co. is only 90 miles up the road and infantry is 120 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by killtoilie
    Why would you want to do that?
    I want to do it because it interests me and because of the technical side of it, gunsmithing has just always been something I respected and wanted to try my hand at. If/when I earn the title, I eventually hope to be stationed at Quantico repairing Force Recon's weapons and the Marine Corps shooting team's weapons. Plus what would the all the other Marines do without the small arms repairers? Fix 'em themselves? lol j/k

My MOS is going to be 0511 MAGTF Planning Speicalist. No stories yet I'll be back with them 14 weeks from now tho.

if you dont have your MOS before you leave for bootcamp your going to be what ever they need. SO it works like this if they need a cook your a cook but my guess is you"ll all be 0311 lol. open contract means 0300.

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57
    I want to do it because it interests me and because of the technical side of it, gunsmithing has just always been something I respected and wanted to try my hand at. If/when I earn the title, I eventually hope to be stationed at Quantico repairing Force Recon's weapons and the Marine Corps shooting team's weapons. Plus what would the all the other Marines do without the small arms repairers? Fix 'em themselves? lol j/k
    yea, thats what im looking into. but im not totaly sure yet. but i have to go to summer school to get my diploma. so when i do that to get my contract straight, i am going to take my NJROTC Instructor with me so i dont get screwed over. so yea, i think that im gonna go 2111 tho. but im not totaly sure yet.

I was 2532 (it is now 0622). I didn't choose it, it is a long story- but suffice it to say that it is why I would still tear my recruiter into little pieces if I found him.

Hard telling what my best Marine Corps moment was. In a strange way, the worst of times usually end up being remember the best.

I am currently an 1161 (Refrigeration Mechanic). I didn't choose to be that, as I wanted 1371 Combat Engineer. And well I haven't really seen anything too awesome yet. Given time I'm sure I'll have stories to post.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    How come you Marines didn't get what MOS you wanted? Aren't you allowed to choose or did your recruiters F you on that?

I didn't pass the required swim qual for CE, so I was giving a utilities mos 1100 which goes along with the engineer field 1300.

Credits
    Savings
    I would love to be a 03XX(0351) or 08XX(0861), however as I am not a poolee yet nothing is decided or set in stone.

I was 0811.

Finest Marine Corps moment: Tossed a boot 1LT several feet and onto the ground in front of the CO. Knucklehead was using his body armor to help put out a powder-burn wildfire at Pendleton....with 2 40mm HE and some pop-ups tucked into the pockets!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jarhead06
    open contract means 0300.
    Not necessarily - I was open contract and got Ordnance. Then again, I'm a female so 03 field was out of the question. There are all kinds of MOSs to throw folks in if you're open contract.

Credits
    Savings
    I'm no poolee yet, but I'm looking to try and get into the 6xxx class(aviation), just like my dad. Love mechanical stuff, though small arms repair also sounds interesting.

Thread Information