How can recruits earn PFC during Boot Camp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can recruits earn PFC during Boot Camp

My max pull-ups is 20 i complete my mile and a half under 10 and can only do 75 crunches but im getting better. What else is needed of me to Earn PFC during Boot Camp?

Becoming a squad leader,a guide, or a scribe will not gaurantee PFC, but it will improve your chances. If you do not pick up PFC in boot camp, you can always pick it up at MCT, SOI, or your MOS school.

Refer two friends to join up and you will get Pfc.

Or have a semesters worth of college credit.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Occasionally there are meritorious PFC boards held in boot camp. You stand before a board and answer knowlege questions. Your physical prowess and military appearance are already in the books.

Occasionally a drill instructor can say that kid is a stud and I'd like to see him promoted. The board from there on is just a show.

This actually brings up a question somebody asked me the other day:

Can a fresh recruit with no prior experience, and only 1 semester of college at most, be promoted beyond PFC out of boot?
    Lets say you sign two friends up AND have a semesters worth of credits AND kick major butt on PFT, squad leader, etc..

Is there anyway to Earn E-3 during Boot Camp?

I think that you have to be a Company Honor Guide to get LCpl.

What does that job imply that you do

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, that's how LCpl Stam got it. He was Company Honor man and was meritoriously promoted to E-3

I would recommend searching for your questions. Most of them will have most lengthy answers already. Including getting PFC and LCpl out of bootcamp. As well as guide and honor guide. These have all been covered numerous times and most are in threads on the first page actually!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The guide in my platoon graduated as a lance corporal. We all hated him but he was an eagle scout, 1st class swimmer and 300 PFT'r. I learned later that he made Corporal before I made PFC but I made Sergeant before he did.

I dont think I can get that then. I cant swim but I can drown with style.

To get LCPL out of boot, I would think for sure you would need to be a contract PFC like I was...as in...get two referrals, or have at least 12 (maybe) 13 college credits. During boot camp, you would need to become the guide by being perfect in PFT. Rifle range and other things will not affect you becoming guide all that much, unless you unq, our guide was a low marksman, and 3rd class swimmer. Rifle qual, and swim qual could affect you becoming the Honor Guide, but you could get meritoriously promoted regardless of being Honor Guide I would think.

20 pull ups is good, but don't be disappointed when you do a few less on the IST...you will know why when you get off the bus.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by killtoilie
    I dont think I can get that then. I cant swim but I can drown with style.
    I hope THIS is an attempt at a joke because if you REALLY can't swim......................

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by killtoilie
    What does that job imply that you do
    Be the best at EVERYTHING!

Thread Information