Intel Myth? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intel Myth?

wow, you've mis interpreted my question.

its not that i am scared of going.
    i will go if i have to,
    but if i have the opportunity to stay in the u.s and follow on with education
    then i would love to do that..

i would like to stay as far away from battle as i could, but like i saaid if i get selected to go.. then i will..

now i know not every job gets deployed, i have alotta friends that've been in for some time now and have still not gotten deployed.. which leads me to my next question,

how do i get into a non-deployable unit? is it a choice i can make or do they just put me "where they need me"

Time fram 1964 while at ITR we had a squad of Coast Guard guys with us. They were great. Try this for fun........siting on a big flat top off the coast of North Korea with trying there new a bombs and such. We have Navy and Marines there right now.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by motivatedpoolee

i will go if i have to,

i would like to stay as far away from battle as i could, but like i saaid if i get selected to go.. then i will..

now i know not every job gets deployed, i have alotta friends that've been in for some time now and have still not gotten deployed.. which leads me to my next question,

how do i get into a non-deployable unit? is it a choice i can make or do they just put me "where they need me"
    I don't think I've misinterpreted your most recent statement "i would like to stay as far away from battle as i could, but like i saaid if i get selected to go.. then i will.."

In the Marine Corps making the statement that you want to stay as far away from battle as possible is called cowardice. Qualifying that statement later with "I'll go if selected," doesn't change a thing.

Marines advance to the sound of the guns. ALL Marines must be willing to do this without qualification. You need to find another branch of service or, probably better, another line of work entirely.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I wish I could find that article on that certain military site, where they said that thing about 'Marines being the only truly war-geared branch' but my luck is nil, so I'll apologize for my statement. I know that everybody does their part, but there's a bit of a difference between the branches, and yall know it. I would never crack on the CG, they've got all my respect(if they weren't that Darn good, they wouldn't be the hardest branch to get into).

I've gotta say though, saying that you 'wanna stay as far away from battle as possible', does sound pretty weak, dude.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    how do i get into a non-deployable unit?
    Wal Mart and Burger King have plenty of room for non deployable. Be one of the millions of sheep and pay your taxes so a hard charging Lance Corporal in Al Anbar can eat a hot meal once in a awhile.

i will go if i have to,

There is no such thing as a non-deployable unit. If the Corps needs ya you're going to go. Your friends have probably not been deployed............yet. If you wanna stay as far away from war as possible then maybe the Corps is the wrong brance. I mean that's sorta what we're here for. Why don't you just get a scholarship and go to college? There are plenty of good websites that are helpful. Don't think you can't get one ANYONE can get a scholarship. The amount of money is diffrent but there is no limit to the amount of scholarships you can apply for. Why do you wanna go to the Corps anyway if you want to avoid war? Are you just wanting to join just to be able to say that you are one with out any of the work? Doesn't sound like you're very moto about it.

Are you considering the Military just because it offers money for college? Seriously, it really sounds like it. Few things bother me more than people who think the Military only exists for paying people's tuitions.

The Military doesn't sound like a match for you. Every service member, reserve or not, Of ANY MOS/BRANCH OF SERVICE (please correct me if I'm wrong) can be deployed. It doesn't matter if you're a chef or part of the infantry.

Don't join my Corps. You don't have what it takes, period. The fact that some people have been in for a while and haven't deployed doesn't mean anything. I can show you some grunts that have been in for 3 years and haven't deployed yet- but I assure you that they are deployable and their jobs are needed- just as every other job is needed. We aren't Job Corps, if you want job training or money to go to college, go somewhere else. That isn't what we're about and don't have room for that crap.

i will go if i have to,

You have the wrong attitude and should not join the military.

Wow...I've been gone a day or so and I come back to this lol... Just to answer part of the original question my best friend is an MP and he is training at 29 Palms right now to get ready to go to Iraq with the rest of CLC-23.

haha none of you know me, so how the hell do you think i have the wrong attitude, i garuntee you there are Marines that have specific reasons why they joined. I have mine. I want to be with the best and thats just one of my reasons. im willing to fight if i have to like i said, but im not going in with my head on backwards with the "ima kill everything i see attitude"
    the Marine Corps will be a stepping stone to my future. if you think that i'm wrong for doing it.. i dont care.

haha none of you know me, so how the hell do you think i have the wrong attitude, i garuntee you there are Marines that have specific reasons why they joined. I have mine. I want to be with the best and thats just one of my reasons. im willing to fight if i have to like i said, but im not going in with my head on backwards with the "ima kill everything i see attitude"
    the Marine Corps will be a stepping stone to my future. if you think that i'm wrong for doing it.. i dont care.
    Amen!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Words have meaning. What meaning I am supposed to attach to this statement?

"i would like to stay as far away from battle as i could. . ."

The meaning I take away from this is you do not want to be in battle for whatever reason, likely unacceptable to a Marine.

The qualifier that followed was also weak: ". . .but like i saaid if i get selected to go.. then i will.." This sounds like some NCO would have to sit on your shoulders 24/7 if you are in a combat zone.

You are not expected to "kill everything you see," all of the time. But if you are not prepared to do so should the sh*t really hit the fan, then the Marine Corps is not for you. Your own words tell me this.

If those words do not accurately reflect your feelings on the matter, you should select better phraseology next time.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    Words have meaning. What meaning I am supposed to attach to this statement?

"i would like to stay as far away from battle as i could. . ."

The meaning I take away from this is you do not want to be in battle for whatever reason, likely unacceptable to a Marine.

The qualifier that followed was also weak: ". . .but like i saaid if i get selected to go.. then i will.." This sounds like some NCO would have to sit on your shoulders 24/7 if you are in a combat zone.

You are not expected to "kill everything you see," all of the time. But if you are not prepared to do so should the sh*t really hit the fan, then the Marine Corps is not for you. Your own words tell me this.

If those words do not accurately reflect your feelings on the matter, you should select better phraseology next time.

Well said sir! Look motivatedpoolee, clearly what the Sgt has to say makes perfect sense unless there's something major you haven't told us about your 'own reasons' to join the Corps. Perhaps if you were to share these mysterious reasons with us, people here MIGHT be a little more understanding about what you want out of the Marine Corps; but for now, when you talk about how you want to stay away from the battle, and give everyone a load of attitude, ("haha none of you know me, so how the hell do you think i have the wrong attitude") can you blame the Marines here, many of whom are combat veterans and have shed blood, sweat and tears for their country, from not wanting someone like you from join their 'Beloved Corps'?

As a prior poolie/DEP member on this site...and as an active duty Marine doing my job and doing what I do best. I'm going to be blunt with you...Stay the hell away from my Corps. Whether you consider me being a "mean" lance corporal right now or whether you just take it as friendly advice, I don't really care. But with that attitude I wouldn't want you anywhere near a battle with me. So easy solution, don't join. Go to college and do the same thing that alot of other kids do. There are alot of people who want the title of Marine but will not carry the burden. I know many Marines who have joined but want to stay away from work...They hate the Marine Corps even though they ARE the Marine Corps, and all they do is take up space and breathe my oxygen.

There are two types of members in the Marine Corps and I'm sure that all the Marines here will agree... There are people in the Marine Corps, and then there are Marines.

Thread Information