Questions about what to bring
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Questions about what to bring

Can I bring a medium sized bible im not a big fan of he gideons kjv nd will all of my clothing including undergarments be provided or can i bring compression shorts no one has been very clear about that. Did i hear that you can bring pictures if so what size and how many I would liek to know as soon as possible I leave 070702 Thanks
    oh and one more thing what kind of running do we get to do whats the longest run and what kind of terrain

Quote Originally Posted by AZUSMC89
    Can I bring a medium sized bible im not a big fan of he gideons kjv nd will all of my clothing including undergarments be provided or can i bring compression shorts no one has been very clear about that. Did i hear that you can bring pictures if so what size and how many I would liek to know as soon as possible I leave 070702 Thanks
    oh and one more thing what kind of running do we get to do whats the longest run and what kind of terrain
    Do a search I know there is a big long post on what you can bring...I think it is in the "Ask a Marine" section, but I'm not sure about the running

There was a huge thread made by an actual MCRD SD Drill instructor on what to bring and not to bring.

For what its worth, I leave Sunday night and I am bringing what I'm wearing (old sneakers, jeans, long sleeve button up shirt), a tooth brush, tooth paste, deordorant, razor, shaving cream, and my wallet with 20$, my drivers license, and my social security card. That is IT.

When I leave the hotel for MEPS I will throw away everything except my wallet and put on the same clothes I wore there.

The compression shorts aren't going to work. You'll wear what is issued to you. I doubt they would let you keep the Bible. To be honest, it would be a waste to bring it with you. You don't have much time to sit around and read anyway. I don't know that the small Gideon's Bible they give you will be KJV anyway. I have them in KJ, NKJ, and NIV, all from chaplains.

Correct me if I'm wrong but...

You can't bring anything. All you bring is your paperwork and documentaion (ssn card,ID,Birthcertificate,etc.) The clothes you have on (Pants with a belt,shirt and shoes) and thats it. Everything else is supposed to be issued to you including hygiene supplies and underwear. The underwear and socks you wear there will be thrown away and the clothes you have will be put in a bag and locked up for you to wear on your way home.

I think thats how it goes.

Here's what that DI had posted.

Things To Bring To Boot Camp

THINGS TO BRING TO BOOT CAMP:
    1. Recruiter info and packet
    2. Picture ID
    3. SSN (card)
    4. Any college you have completed (proof) if it has not been entered by your recruiter
    5. High school Diploma if it has not been entered by your recruiter.
    6. A few pictures (no obscene ones) well if you bring obscene I will keep them.
    7. Address (not a book) just a sheet of paper with the address of the people you want to write.
    8. Stamps (1 book) you can buy more on your first PX visit.
    9. no more than $10.00
    10. Wear trousers with a belt and a shirt tucked in.

A large number of recruits are bringing any and everything with them. Cell Phones, IPODS, pens, paper, hygiene gear. All these things will be taken away from you. We will do mounds of paper work for the electronics then store it and throw everything else away. Usually for the recruits that bring battery operated items they quit the first few hours they are here because it drives me nuts that they did no research prior to coming to Boot Camp so i have my fun with them. No extra clothes, shoes book bags, fanny packs. Nothing, unless it is listed above. Do not wear a Marine shirt.
    Pass the word to all the RS’

Thanks,
    DI

stuff that you do get (some during the 1st day)

Is wearing a suit, dress shirt, belt, and dressy-looking shoes to MCRD a bad idea? On one hand, I want to dress well when I show up. On the other hand, I don't want to ruin my clothes, be constrained by them, or draw DI anger during forming movements before I surrender the clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrrrr
    Is wearing a suit, dress shirt, belt, and dressy-looking shoes to MCRD a bad idea? On one hand, I want to dress well when I show up. On the other hand, I don't want to ruin my clothes, be constrained by them, or draw DI anger during forming movements before I surrender the clothes.
    Don't dress up. You don't wanna draw attention to yourself. Best bet is wear something youll be able to wear when you leave and go simple (t-shirt,jeans,and shoes).

I have a feeling the suit would never be the same after 3 months of sitting wrinkled up in a box. You would just draw attention to yourself for no good reason. The people that see you won't be your DIs. You won't see them again after the first couple of days.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrrrr
    Yeah.................THAT would be a good idea! HAHAHAHAHAHA! They'll have you fall out to the side of the bus and have all the other Recruits eyeball you while you have to do 20 in that suit! You'll have a REAL good start there Sparky.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wear what you would wear to any casual event, sport shirt, docker trousers, shorts, whatever is comfortable for travel. The Corps will issue you everything you will need while you are there. They store your cloths in case you are dropped for any reason and sent home early. They no longer ship them home, as they don't issue the Baby Blue suits any longer!

Pictures will be no larger than wallet size! The Bible---well that will be up to your DI's that you meet, the first one may say ok, then the next one may say no, so that's a gamble. I'd probably leave it at home so it won't get lost. Especially if it has sentimental value! The Corp will provide any and all Bible related material you need during worship services.

So wallet sized pictures are allowed, how many im sure they dont want a friggin picture album haha but what would be reasonable, Another qustion is a polo and jeans and comfortable shoes that dont look like crap acceptable. And for any marines how are the runs in bootcamp specifically MCRD Sandiego. Thanks to everyone who took their ime to reply to my questions and any further answers that can be given would be great

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AZUSMC89
    So wallet sized pictures are allowed, how many im sure they dont want a friggin picture album haha but what would be reasonable, Another qustion is a polo and jeans and comfortable shoes that dont look like crap acceptable. And for any marines how are the runs in bootcamp specifically MCRD Sandiego. Thanks to everyone who took their ime to reply to my questions and any further answers that can be given would be great
    If they won't fit in your wallet, it's to many! Like I said "dress comfortable for traveling! The running at MCRDSD used to be along the Airport fence area, but that was in 1969! Some of the younger Marines will have to answer that one for you!

What else, my friend?

what kind of razor is issued?

Thread Information