what do you think of Cpl. Adam Kokesh
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

what do you think of Cpl. Adam Kokesh

I wanted to know what everyone is thinking about Cpl. Kokesh. I know there is a lot of controversy about this and what people think. There is something else that I want to throw out there for every one that is one the fence about him. I have had the opportunity to know him personally and let me assure you he is not you roger that sir kind of Marine. He is a leader and a great example of today’s Marines. He is very intelligent and educated. He will ask the question that most will not, He never settled of second best ever. As a Sgt. Who is currently with 3rd Civil Affairs out of Camp Pen, if I needed help or needed advice, he is who I asked. I am ashamed that the Marine Corps is even wasting there F^&*$%^ time with this. Sound Off and tell me if I’m wrong.

Credits
    Savings
    Smedley says he should of read his book before joining, me too.

if he were a betting man,seems to me he lost the bet..............

bootlace15 out

I think you are wrong. I wouldn't want him leading my Marines.

He wants to play politics, fine. Take off the uniform when you protest.

Otherwise, to me, that negates anything he may have done, and makes him a dirtbag.

The Corps rules are strict and there for a reason. He thought he was immune. Since WHEN do enlisted, or those of a lesser rank, get to spout off to officers, in email? Cursing them?

That's not leadership, that's arrogant stupidty that would have gotten his azz busted to LCpl in the FMF I was in, if not thumped by his platoon Sergeant. He deserves a crappy discharge, if nothing else, for being stupid.

He doesn't impress me. Nor do I want people thinking he represents me as a former Marine.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Well he's definitely the balls of a Marine to get arrested protesting at Nancy Pelosi's office.

While I disagree with his reasoning for protesting, in 'that' particular outfit, he doesn't violate any rules etc.

Btw, check out the various 'members' of the protest group. Interesting that some of them still appear to be on active duty. Further interesting, to me, anyway, are the couple of 'CO''s listed who served multiple YEARS on active duty before discovering they were 'CO's. One of em did 8 total years and then found out!

Hmmm.....

I’m just having a hard time to seeing what the Marine Corps is charging him with. From all the pictures that I have seen, the only thing that has an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on it was the bonnie cover. I also have a problem with a field grade sending me an email telling me that he is going to charge me. I know that he is in the IRR but he did take all the right steps in taking off all the name tapes etc.????

Not sure. However, I did check out the website for his outfit. I see plenty of people on there, who have NOT been charged, who are in uniform and clearly supporting this outfit.

Did he intentionally annoy the crap out of someone so he WOULD get charged and then reap the ensuing publicity? Possibly.

From where I sit, more and more, it would appear this is a bit of political theatre. All that being said, one still should be smart enough NOT to pizz ovv the Field grade, email or no, no matter how many days you have left on contract. I once saw a Sergeant who told a SgtMaj exactly what he thought of him, on the day he was getting out. Before the good Sergeant knew what hit him, he was back on active duty, and got out 35 days later (minus his restriction/EPD) as a Corporal.

Also, I note with interest that in his profile on the website, he ranks himself as "Sergeant". I've only seen him listed as a Cpl everywhere else. This was prior to this whole thing....so did he get busted once before...or what?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I feel that he has earned the right to protest this war.But he should have waited until his IRR time was over.As I stated on another thread,this case is all about telling a Major to go fark himself!Not about wearing the uniform.

#1 ---=======-----Do not degrade our uniform for anything. TMLep. Just before I got to Camp LaJune in 1966 a Marine was separated from the Corp after 4 years. When he went out the main gate he dumped out his seabag and burned everything on the road. The MP's jumped on his butt and held him there at the main gate. Anyway he spent 6 more months in the brig. Why? They let you go 1 day early. He was still on active duty.

First of all Gentlemen Where does it say that Marines have the right to say anything or do anything to discredit the United States Marine Corps? It dont matter if he's no longer on active duty he still is accountable until he recieves that white piece of paper called a discharge not a DD-214 but a Discharge. He is very lucky hes in what most of you call the New Marine Corps because if this would have been back in The old Marine Corps when i was in his arse would be getting a dishonorable along with some time at Ft leavenworth. Hes no Leader hes a piece of crap trying to make a name for himself. He better hope I dont run into his arse cause i will give him a thrashing like he has never had before..

Yeah, I knew several Marines that weren't aware that the Corps still has you for 24 hours following getting your DD214. They found out real quick though after various screw ups and spending some additional time with us for them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That ****ing ***** Jason Lemiux was in my company...He is a disgrace.

I personally think he is a disgrace to the Corps!

Thread Information