ROTC does what for me
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ROTC does what for me

OK i put Four years in to AFJROTC in high school and just grad what doesw this do for me they say i get 2 ranks in army air force and navy but what about that marines and how long till i see a rank if i do i will i recieve it at basic grad sept & with lima company.
    Poole Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker8914
    OK i put Four years in to AFJROTC in high school and just grad what doesw this do for me they say i get 2 ranks in army air force and navy but what about that marines and how long till i see a rank if i do i will i recieve it at basic grad sept & with lima company.
    Poole Lee
    If its not in your contract you will not get anything. I would get with your recruiter ASAP to figure that out.

lol i dont have one he quit on me so yea

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Capitalize Marine, Joker. And don't title your thread ROTC if you mean JROTC. They are really different things. As the above mentioned, go see your recruiter. I would not be the least surprised if it meant nothing.

You will find your answer here http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...t%20promotions

However, if it is not in your contract it DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!

Poole Lee
    Thats a LONGGGGGG sentence.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Books
    I would not be the least surprised if it meant nothing.
    I could be wrong but, I'm pretty sure it does (or it did when I signed up).

Go talk to a Recruiter - I took Army ROTC in High School and it got me PFC out of bootcamp. But you better make sure it's in black and white or it ain't so.

ROTC (doesn't really matter if there's a J on it) is a good start for kids thinking about joining any branch of military. I think I even signed up for ROTC just because it was better than taking Home Ec or some stupid $h!t and once I was in it, it made me curious about what the "real deal" was like. It teaches you basic things like the drilling, history, blah, blah, blah..................we only had to wear a uniform one day a week and we got inspected that day during that class period. It wasn't like making a commitment to the real deal (you were only in this class for an hour (maybe) a day) but it helps give some basic knowledge of how it works.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    lol i dont have one he quit on me so yea
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Why?
    And how exactly does that work?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    ROTC (doesn't really matter if there's a J on it) is a good start for kids thinking about joining any branch of military. I think I even signed up for ROTC just because it was better than taking Home Ec or some stupid $h!t and once I was in it, it made me curious about what the "real deal" was like. It teaches you basic things like the drilling, history, blah, blah, blah..................we only had to wear a uniform one day a week and we got inspected that day during that class period. It wasn't like making a commitment to the real deal (you were only in this class for an hour (maybe) a day) but it helps give some basic knowledge of how it works.
    Your school had JROTC? And had it as a class period during school hours? Wow... I wish I could do that. It's a bit too late for the Young Marines though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah but it was like one of those classes you sign up for because you already have enough credits to graduate but they make you take some bull$h!t class and give you 1 point for it or something. Drivers Ed, Home Ec, Shop, Art - you know, anything that was FUN.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    A woman who would pick drilling over home ec. Now that's something you don't see everyday. You just made my evening, Ma'am(Marine)

Quote Originally Posted by jimrod83
    A woman who would pick drilling over home ec. Now that's something you don't see everyday. You just made my evening, Ma'am(Marine)
    I hate stereotypes.

Well, I'm a female and didn't take fashion because it looked boring as hell. So I took a tech class instead.

Yes i would talk to my recruiter but i do not have one sorry for the miss spelled words Books who is not even a Poolee Yet. Sorry i was not aware that we would be looking at the grammer of my thread. And yes i went to my JROTC sorry i forgot the J and if you wont the full thing it is AFJROTC because i did Air Force Jrotc

Thread Information