Cpl Hobart Cobb - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cpl Hobart Cobb

Ed

Thanks for posting that picture. I pulled all of mine out this morning. I will be taking them to GA with me.
    Semper Fi Marine.

Thanks Ed!

It's Great to see Mr. Cobb...

This is hard on me, since I talked with Mr Cobb after Roger's death..

He gave me in-couragement to continue in Life....which I did...

That was Roger's wish also...

He would be sadly missed..

God Bless Mr Cobb!

Ellie

A message from JAM

I fly out early in the AM for Cartersville, GA. I've received many phone calls this past few days from Marines and Supports in this Family wishing me well and asking for me to give personal condolenceces to the Cobb Family. I will gracously do that and thank you for your comments.
    I will take what pictures that I respectfully can and will ask someone to post them on this site. I believe a request can be made of the Team here to put together one last posted story capturing Hobart's life.
    I also had an idea to get onto Hobart's computer at home Friday evening and allow Mrs. Cobb and Family to read this thread. If they want to speak to anyone I'll assist them in coming on board the chat.

Semper Fi

rich

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That would be cool Rich!

Cpl Cobb, you will be sorely missed Marine! Too the family----We have lost a great asset to the world and this Marine site, please except my heartfelt condolences in your time of grief!

Maurice Tipton
    SSgt USMC (Ret)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you Rich have a good trip. Please pass on my sincere condolances to the family. I believe that the family has already seen this thread as last night Jarheag1943 was logged on and viewing it.

Semper Fi

Jim

I am writing from Daddy's computer. This is Debra. My Mom and sisters have visited this site several times today. We are blown away by your love and caring comments. Thank you. We are so proud of Daddy. And I think he will be proud of our send off. We are so honored to have come in contact with some of you via Daddy's accounts of your stories. Daddy has three surviving sisters who are too ill to come to the service. We are going to create a video for them (and ourselves) which will show the floral arrangements at the Funeral Home, the eulogy, the grave site service and a portion of the family luncheon immediately following the service . With Richard's help, we would be glad to make this available for 'posting'. Again, thank you for your many kind words. They are pillows of love that we are resting on. My Dad was a man of faith and we are assured he is now with our sister Lisa (Brat) and our Heavenly Father. While we cannot see him, we feel him all around. Thank you, and may God Bless.
    Debra (Cobb) Rudasics

When A Marine Goes To Heaven.
    You can keep your Army Khaki,
    You can keep your Navy Blue.
    I have the worlds best fighting man,
    To introduce to you.

His Uniform is different,
    The best you've ever seen.
    The Germans call him "Devil Dog,"
    His real name is "Marine."

He was born on Parris Island,
    The place where God Forgot.
    The sand is eighteen inches deep,
    The sun is blazing hot.

He gets up every morning,
    Before the rising sun.
    He'll run a hundred miles and more,
    Before the day is done.

He's deadly with a rifle,
    A bayonet made of steel.
    He took the warrior's calling card,
    He's mastered how to kill.

And when he gets to Heaven
    St. Peter he will tell,
    One more Marine reporting sir,
    I've served my time in Hell.

So listen all you young girls,
    To what I have to say:
    Go find yourself a young Marine,
    To love you every day.

He'll hug you and he'll kiss you,
    And treat you like a queen.
    There is no better fighting man:
    THE UNITED STATES MARINE!

Ellie

"A man is never dead until he is forgotten." Mr. Cobb will never die while I'm alive.

Semper Fidelis

Dave Coup

Semper Fidelis, Mr Cobb. Fair Winds and following seas.

"First star to the right, and straight on 'til morning"

A Word from JAMarine

It's approx. 2145 EST time. I am setting in the very seat Hobart sat in for so many nights and for so many years yakking with all the Marines, Wanna-B's and others.
    It's very humbling to be in this house with Faye Cobb (wife) and realitives. I want all of you to know that the viewing today went very well. A lot of tears fell for a GREAT MAN. A lot of great stories where told as well.
    The arrangements are outstanding (Marine84/yours too) and Hobart looks so very Proud. Hobart is wearing the "Blues" he was so proud of purchasing this past year. His arms are along his side with hands folded accross his mid-section with pure white gloves tucked and folded accross his belt. In his right hand he has clasped a box containing sand from Peleliu and Okinawa. Faye told me this was sent by a Good Friend here on this site. Thank you, whom ever you are. And his covers bill is resting on his fingertips with a brilliant EGA facing up at Hobart. What a fantastic sight to see. Semper Fi Hobart.

I will post again tomorrow if I get the chance.
    Semper Fi Marine, Wanna-B's, Friends and Others

Again, I am so humbled.

rich

Richard,
    I'll miss ((Hobart)) I never had a better friend! All my love and condolences to the Cobb family.
    C.

http://www.jenningsfuneralhome.com/s...er=hobartcobb#

Thanks for the post Rich

SF

Dave

Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thank you Cpl. Cobb

Thank you Cpl. Cobb for being a mentor to my two grasshoppers over the years.
    God could have no better Marine to guard the streets of heaven then you.
    May God Bless the Cobb family.

Thread Information