Cpl Hobart Cobb - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cpl Hobart Cobb

Mr. Cobb was one of the first Marines I met when I joined this site. It wa s an honor to have met him. RIP Marine. You'll be missed.

Semper Fidelis

Dave Coup

God speed Mr. Cobb, You will remain in my heart forever. You are a legend that will sure be missed. Semper Fi.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Vaya con dios senor C.

So Long My Friend

I meet him in the chat room on the Few. We had some great talks. He saw a pic of Chesty from my web site an asked if he could copy it and I gave him the ok. I also knew Lisa (Brat) as she was called, she to is a good person and missed. I know he was proud to be a Marine and he was very proud of his family. He will be missed in the chats but will not be forgoten. Rest easy Salt for you have done your duty> Semper Fi my Friend. Peepaw (foxtrot) :

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Never met the Corporal, but I think we chatted on a phone call once, that JAMarine passed around. And in the 'leatherneck' chat room a time or 2.

St. Peter;
    dig out your roster, and advise thedrifter (R.I.P) he has a visitor, and set up another chair for the Bob Hope show.

Semper Fi

Mr Cobb it was an honor knowing you and i know your not in any pain anymore Semper Fi My brother and May you rest in peace..

I always enjoyed "MrCobb's" comments in the chat room and the way he made a new friend of each person he met. He will be missed.
    Later MrCobb, Semper Fi.

Arrangements for Cpl Hobart Cobb

I have just received the following from one of Hobarts Daughters;
    I have information for you which will be helpful as you make your personal arrangements and answer questions of others. From our entire family, Richard, we are humbled and honored to hear of the interest others have regarding Daddy's final arrangements. I am personally looking forward to meeting you.

Thursday, 6/7: Visitations at Parnick Jennings Funeral Home, 430 Cassville Road, Cartersville, GA 30120, 770-382-0034. We do not yet know the exact hours of visitation, but assume there will be (at the very least) an evening visitation on Thursday, 6/7, and probably an afternoon visitation, as well.

Friday, 6/8: His service will be at The Church at Liberty Square, 2001 Liberty Square Drive, Cartersville, GA 30120 at 11:00 a.m. He will be interred at the Providence Cemetery & Mausoleum, which is about 1/4 mile from the church, immediately following the service.

Mom and Dad's address: 28 Mallet Pointe, Cartersville, GA 30121.

A Florist in the area which has done beautiful work for us in the past: Country Treasures, 770-382-0035.

Area motels: Hampton Inn 770-382-8999; 5600 Hiway 20 SE
    Days Inn 770-382-1824; 5618 Hiway 20 SE
    (fax: 770-606-9312)
    Comfort Inn 770-387-1800; (fax: 678-535-0007)

All motels are near the interstate. From the airport, go north on 75 (towards Chattanooga) to exit #290. The motels are within 1/2 mile from the exit on State Hiway 20.

Mom and Dad's house: From exit 290, turn left and proceed ~ 1-1/4 miles to Kline Smith Road. Turn right onto Kline Smith and proceed ~ 1/2 mile to Polo Fields Subdivision (on right). Turn into Polo Fields and turn right onto Equestrian Way and turn left onto Mallet Pointe. Their house is at the end of the road on the cul-de-sac.

Debra and Faye

Marines and Friends, this is all I have for now. I will be arriving in Atlanta about 4:30 on Thursday afternoon.
    If anyone has further question you may call me anytime; 253-228-1581
    rich

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks a bunch Rich! Semper Fi!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just ordered a red & gold spray with a banner that says "Semper Fi" - be on the lookout for it Rich - let me know if they did a good job with it.

bump

bump

Semper Fi Sir, til we meet again

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Unhappy

RIP Mr Cobb. You will be missed. You were a fine man, and we were blessed to have known you.

I just got a phone call a couple of hours ago informing me. I am greatly saddened to hear of it! I will miss the occasional phone calls from him! as well as catching him in chat. Semper Fidelis Cpl. Hobart Cobb, Sir, you are a true hero of mine, and will be greatly missed! Rich, I can't make it to the service, so if you go please pass on my sympathies and condolence to his family. Thank you!

Ed Houston (charliefoxtrot)

Credits
    Savings
    Rest In Peace, Cpl. Cobb. I will never forget talking to you when you pm'ed and then called me after my accident last year. Your compassion was and still is greatly appreciated.

Thread Information