Cpl Hobart Cobb - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cpl Hobart Cobb

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    In his right hand he has clasped a box containing sand from Peleliu and Okinawa.
    Aw...that did it. Cpl Cobb paid for that sand and Islands so we all can claim it in our Beloved Corps' History.

Semper Fi Sir!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Rich, thanks for the update. Please continue to pass on my condolances to the family.

RIP Mr. Cobb

Bump

Bump

Cpl Cobb is Laid to Rest

I just wanted to come in and let you all know that Cpl Cobb was laid to rest today with all the Glory and Respect he deserved.
    There was another short viewing this morning at the Church. The arrangements were spectacular.
    I was honored may times today. I had the opportunity to meet many of Hobarts Friends and Family. I was honored again when asked to be a pallbearer for Hobart by his Family. Again an honor, I was asked if I wanted to accompany Hobart on his Final Ride from the Church to the Mausoleum. I accepted. Even though a one-side conversation I could speak with him in peace. I did feel him with me. And when it was all said and done I was given numbers 4 through 21 brass casings from his 21 gun salute. As in tradition, numbers 1, 2 and 3 are placed inside the flag In A Place Of Honor.
    The Marines from the local area showed and performed with precision and mastery.
    What a long long day. A day filled with Sadness and Joy.

Our Hobart
    Our Marine
    Our Friend
    Our Mentor
    has been laid to rest.
    God Bless you Hobart. Thank you for being my Friend and Confidant. I will remember you till the day I die.
    We will meet again Brother.

rich

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    God bless, and RIP MrCobb.

Thank you, Rich, for keeping us updated. God bless you, Rich.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    MR COBB,

i have heard the expression several times over the years that a man's wealth can be measured bu the amount of friends he or she has. if that is true, you passed as the richest man in all time.

god bless you MR COBB, and rest now you have earned it.

SEMPER FI

Cobb

I hate to see this thread sink, but it is inevitable. Life goes on. Semper Fi. Hobart!! and Thank you Marine!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    by charliefoxtrot - I hate to see this thread sink, but it is inevitable. Life goes on. Semper Fi. Hobart!! and Thank you Marine!!
    That makes two of us brother, Semper Fi Mr Cobb.

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Marine Cobb has reported in for duty at the gates of heaven, which one day all of us Marines will do. We Guard The Streets Of Heaven, that is what us U.S. Marines do. We will join Chesty, Smedly, Daily to name a few. Another Marine reporting in were are my Dress Blues. All Marines are Air Wingers with gold wings on their backs to fight evil forever more together one and all from Nov. 10 1775.

Rest in peace Marine Cobb.

Semper Fi

Just checked in with Mom, and she is doing OK. She has a hill to climb but she is not alone. Thank you for all the wonderful words about my dad. He will be missed but is in a better place.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Yes he is. He earned his place and the rest of us can aspire to follow his example and leadership.

In Closing;

On July 4th Hobart Cobb would have been 82 years young.

As we raise our drinks, eat till we can eat no more and celebrate the Independance of this Great Country; Please remember this Great Man and Marine.
    As BigDog said, Hobart passed the richest Man. I would hope that some will take time to communicate with his Family. They too are Fantastic individuals. From Faye to his 3 Daughters, their Husbands and Children and Grandchildren, I've never met finer. God Bless them all.
    JAM

Chatting

I would be interested in chatting with anyone who knew my dad Mr. Hobart Cobb. I am new at this and this may not be the right way to go about it; but it is the only way I can figure out right now.

Shelia Jackson

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nah, you're in the right place Shelia. We would love talking to you too! I didn't know your Dad that well but I did get to talk to him a time or two and thought he was a hoot!

You know, my Mom is about 17 years younger than your Dad and she STILL gets overwhelmed by how the dang cordless phone works. A computer would TOTALLY freak her out! But, not Mr Cobb................I thought it was AWESOME that a man his age was so computer savvy. I would have loved to have known him in his time - I bet he was one bad a$$ Marine. He'll surely be missed around here.

My heart goes out to all of you. I'm just on the other side of town from you guys too so, if there is ANYTHING you guys need, all you have to do is call.

Semper Fi Mr Cobb and tell Chesty goodnight.

Thread Information