Basic Boot Camp Day - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWicks07
    No no no.....welll i want to sleep. But my buddy came back and said he never got it. O yeah big question. Are cadences sang everyday?
    I think your buddy is fibbing, either that or he is the luckiest recruit I ever heard of. Yes, cadences are sung daily, or close enough.

Your drill instructors set the rules on firewatch. Your platoon might work how FW is assigned differently from another.

In my platoon, the guide, squad leaders, scribe, and King Rat were excused from FW. However, we also got up 30-minutes ahead of everyone else daily in order to be dressed and ready to hit our duties at reveille. FW was only one hour long and with 55 or so recruits available, you can do the math (we only stood one-man watches).

Here's a great story about duty... I was the barracks duty NCO on either a Friday or Saturday night (one of the party/clubbing nights) in MCAS Iwakuni and a good buddy of mine was my ADNCO. Well, it was very late in the morning about 0200 and I had just conducted a shift change with my ADNCO, so I took my blouse off and sat on the pool table in the lounge; he sat on the couch and we started to watch the Breakfast Club. Well, all the sudden one of the female Marines I knew and really never had any interest in stormed in and said "I'm sooo f*cked up!" We both turned around, looked at her, and turned back to watch the movie. Next thing you know, she gets in front of me, commences to mack all up on me, and whispers "let's go to your room..." I said nothing, jumped off the pool table, grabbed her hand with my left and her shoes to my right, walked down the hall to my room. Now if ALL duties were like that...Hehehehehe...

Poolees, duty isn't half bad.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    M84, you were at Iwakuni weren't you....?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Back when I was in, we weren't allowed to have guys in our rooms - I ain't saying we never did it - we weren't "allowed" to according to Marine Corps rules and regs. I don't know how many men that myself and 2 roomies hid in wall lockers or the shower!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah, I was there. I had a blast

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah, I was there. I had a blast that

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah, I was there. I had a blast that year! WHEW!

What unit were you with? I was there in from 95 to 99. Under fav duty station, I initially put down Iwakuni, but Blount Island rocked a bit more...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    86-87 H&MS15 Ordnance

Yeah, I was with MAG-12.

Lol ride on. I feel like all recurit training im going to be catching my breath. I swim and run and pt all the time. i can do pull-ups and push ups but i feel like no matter waht the whole time im going to be not good enough? any aile for that?

Lol ride on. I feel like all recurit training im going to be catching my breath. I swim and run and pt all the time. i can do pull-ups and push ups but i feel like no matter waht the whole time im going to be not good enough? any aile for that?

Do your best, put in at least 110% ALL the time, when times are rough and you think you can't make it, think of something back home that makes you REALLY happy--you'll be okay.
    I used to tell my guys/girls that boot camp is 80% mental and 20% physical.

ii cant sleep at night im so excited. I watch ears opens eyeballs click to fall asleep.

Thread Information