Like Accord, like Achped...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Like Accord, like Achped...

Well I don't know if you remember, but before Accord shipped to recruit training, about 2 weeks before, he got pulled over for taking off fast at a red light in his Subaru WRX STi.

Last night I was in my lifted Jeep Wrangler, not exactly a sports car on the interstate on my way home from a "friend's" house.

It went like this:

Woooowooooowoooo

Me: "Wtf? I'm getting pulled over? I'm only doing 80 in a 70." (Which is actually not that unreasonable a speed around here)

Sheriff: "License, proof of insurance, and registration please."

Me: "Here you go sir" *hands it over*

Sheriff: *Checks it out real quick* "You in the military?"

Me: "Not yet sir, I leave for Parris Island in ten days, I'm already enlisted, I just have to get on that bus next Sunday."

Sheriff: "Have a nice night man. Semper Fi"

Me: "You too sir."

The stop seriously lasted all of 20 seconds. Oh, and the reason he asked if I was in the military, and said Semper Fi, probably was my huge EGA tire cover on the back on my Jeep.

Throwed!

Wait till you get that military ID. Almost no explaining unless you're doing something really dumb.

A buddy of mine was stationed in North Carolina. Him and a fellow devil dog got caught inibriated and with a case of beer by a cop. The cop made em pour out all the beer and do 50 push ups on the side of the road. After that he let them on their merry way.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    YOU DOOFUS! Don't let your testosterone level get you in trouble before you leave - some cops have a hard on for military folks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thats affirm!

Jim

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The cop next time might be a little Semper Fi-jealous. Might wanna watch yourself.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    The stop seriously lasted all of 20 seconds. Oh, and the reason he asked if I was in the military, and said Semper Fi, probably was my huge EGA tire cover on the back on my Jeep.
    That and the fact that HE was a MARINE himself!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurby494
    A buddy of mine was stationed in North Carolina. Him and a fellow devil dog got caught inibriated and with a case of beer by a cop. The cop made em pour out all the beer and do 50 push ups on the side of the road. After that he let them on their merry way.
    There are a lot of Marines that hold that position in North Carolina! They know how to handle Marines! Besides the Police in Jacksonville, used to really get off on hounding the Marines, but I don't know how it is now.

I wish my Cop was in the same vote I got pulled over for speeding and I have a Marine sticker and Magnet on my car and he still gave me the ticket. Which could screw me over cause if I loose when I go to court I'll have a Driving record and might not be able to get LAV or Tank Crewman for my MOS...not cool but got to learn from your mistakes...

I have two different type of USMC stickers on my car. The cops here show no mercy... they don't **** around.

Funny you mentioned this Achped, I'm on my way to deposit money in my bank account so I can register for a "drivers retraining program" because of all the tickets I got

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've given a lot of Marines a break. I did have one kid on boot leave locked at attention while I addressed his attempt to ruin his Marine Corps career awfully early. I made sure he thought he was back in boot camp. No quarterdecking though.

A few didn't get breaks though. One former Marine (had been out only a few days) was trying his hardest to punch my partner's head off until I choked him out with a set of karate sticks (actually a vascular choke, not an air choke).

The guy had been a combat engineer and I think his MOS was "bulldozer" he was so big. Hitting him with the sticks didn't work, but choking him out did. He was really sorry when he sobered up in jail the next morning, but he committed the cardinal sin of assaulting a police officer, so no breaks.

The EGA can get you out of trouble, but it can get you into trouble just as easily, especially around base. America loves the Marine Corps, as long as they don't live within 20 miles of a base!

I got a story like that. In Washington state its probably the most liberal state. I just got my brand new 2006 r6, and i was speeding around. I was doing around 47 in a 30 in probably the most liberal neighboorhood. Now mind you i had on my helmet the big marine sticker and i was wearing a sweatshirt with USMC. Cop pulls me over says license and asks when i leave. Says see you around brother. It was pretty sick. But a week later i got pulled over by a wanna be grunt army reservest lets just say i was not so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by CantWaitToSign
    I wish my Cop was in the same vote I got pulled over for speeding and I have a Marine sticker and Magnet on my car and he still gave me the ticket. Which could screw me over cause if I loose when I go to court I'll have a Driving record and might not be able to get LAV or Tank Crewman for my MOS...not cool but got to learn from your mistakes...
    When did you get pulled over? If you haven't sent your ticket in yet, check contested, hire an attorney for $250 and he will get it dismissed for you. Don't fight it yourself, you will lose.

Wow, my Jeep Grand Cherokee is full of Marine Corps stickers. I've had plenty of Marines in my area come by and kick the **** with me while I'm at the gym or somewhere.

Guess I was lucky as Achped. I was coming from school in Atlanta and decided to visit my Uncle and Aunt in Macon GA, and three seperate times I was pulled over for DWB (Driving While Black). I guess they couldn't get that a black guy could be so motvated to join the Marines. Especially the one who wears big hodies and big T-shirts and bumps loud music. The funny thing is that I didn't even get a ticket in any of them. It was kinda of funny having the dogs sniffing my whole jeep for Crack, Marijuana, and Meth. (I wanted to tell them that I smoked it all!!! j/k)

"Alright Mr. Johnson, thank you for your time, we just wanted to make sure you are who you say you are."

Yeah whatever blow me *****.

Hiring an attorney isn't a promise you'll win- just ask everyone on death row! And I've managed to avoid a few tickets by representing myself

Thread Information