Guide and Honor Guide.
Create Post
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Guide and Honor Guide.

Anyone want to comment on getting honor guide and Lance Corporal right out of boot camp. Also, just as a side note any Marines want to comment on having a girlfriend. Good idea? Bad idea? Just some thoughts?

Yep. Thats my main goal. Getting Lcpl outta Boot. And i will do anything necessary to do it. simple as that.

I'm going to try to pick this one up before one of the Marines do to save you some trouble...USE THE SEARCH TOOL YOU WILL FIND MULTIPLE THREADS ON BOTH OF THESE TOPICS!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Do an advanced search for CoveyRider for your first question. For your second dont get serious the Corps comes first, you will have many girl friends once you earn the title.

Jim

Thank you

that covey-rider doesnt really answer my question. How do you get it? How do you keep it? All that other good stuff?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    CR alias DOM had his posts read by a Drill Instructor and impressed him so much that he met his bus personally at MCRD San Diego and made him Guide after recieving. How he kept it you would have to ask him, maybe shoot him a PM and when he comes in from the field maybe he will answer it. You can tell him I sent you.

Jim

He posted today actually, so you may be able to get a quick response

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Having a girl friends is a bad idea.
    poolee18
    chris
    03xx

To quote many Marines: If the Corps thinks you need a girlfriend, they'll issue you one.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWicks07
    Anyone want to comment on getting honor guide and Lance Corporal right out of boot camp. Also, just as a side note any Marines want to comment on having a girlfriend. Good idea? Bad idea? Just some thoughts?
    Notice how i said Marines. See what a MARINE thought. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    For your second dont get serious the Corps comes first, you will have many girl friends once you earn the title.

Jim
    Well then you have your answer!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just my 2 cents, but your Marines know this, the recruits that make L/Cpl out of Boot Camp are the loney ones, really! Thay are fortunate enough to obtain the rank, then they let the required time and grade go by and they make CPL, But then----well its a long lonley road to Sgt and they soon become the senior CPL's in the Corps. Lucky to make Cpl in a 4 year hitch nowadays! Not everyone can be the leaders, we have to have followers, ya know! I know I loved to have young L/Cpls under me when I was Active duty. The ones that were Boots, were fair game! They were/are so gullable to whatever they are told. Bleieve me, your life will be less than comfortable. Of cours the war opens up promotions a little more, but that's a hell of a way to get it. Some are meat to lead and some are meant to follow! The Corps will determine which is which!

Well Sean,

SSgt. Jim Nelson is as Marine as they come. I was only expanding on the girlfriend comment, as it was something I heard Marines saying on several occasions

I hate when people come here with an attidue acting as if they have the right to demand things from those here.

The poolees and wannabes answered your question because it has been asked maybe 100,000 times on this forum and they know that the Marines get tired of talking about the same things once or twice a week. But, since you don't want to listen to them.

You can try to keep your little girlfriend back home, but it won't work. She'll get bored, you'll get bored, you'll cheat on each other, you'll fight, and it will just be miserable. Cut her lose and save yourselves the issues.

Thread Information