Former DEP discharge trying to get back in: Fact or Fitction - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It seems pretty simple. If a recruiter said you could join then he's not lying. He wouldn't waste his time if he knew you couldn't. So, it's up to you from here on out. If it were me, I would jump on it.
    I know, that's not what I am worried about. He is saying that after May I won't be able to join, and I am not interested in rushing into a decision and making the same mistake I did before.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Geezus
    I know, that's not what I am worried about. He is saying that after May I won't be able to join, and I am not interested in rushing into a decision and making the same mistake I did before.
    Your mistake is waiting! If he said now or never then I'd jump on it like stink on $hit! If you want to serve and the recruiter said now, I'd sign, then ask questions later, after MCRD! You want to serve your country in my Corps, that's the way it's done! You have had months to THINK about it! PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

You have had months to THINK about it!
    And I really wish I would have been thinking about it more seriously during that time, but I wasn't. I was thinking more about the medic and corpsman option.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WHAT DO YOU WANT? EGG IN YOUR BEER? What do you want us to say? Do what you are going to do and leave it at that! Don't bother us with this crap! PUT OUT OR GET OUT!

How much time do you need really? How long were you in dep before? How long has it been since you dep'd in then backed out? How "Seriously" do you want think about it? It just seems like you're delaying your decision to appease someone. You know what you want to do. Just do it. That's really all I can say, or anyone can say. What else do you wanna know from this thread?

And I really wish I would have been thinking about it more seriously during that time, but I wasn't. I was thinking more about the medic and corpsman option.

Wow. You know you're an idiot. You already know about the ASVAB waviers right. Well you would need a common phucking sense wavier. You were in the DEP for the Marine Corps for about 5 months and when your time came you choose not to ship for other than honarable reasons. You had time to think before you DEPed in you knew from the jump that the Marine Corps didn't have either one of those options. So why they phuck did you join? Why the phuck are you still considering joining?Why don't you just scadaddle along and go play in traffic or something.You are the something that smells fishy. That's how your pu$$y smells when you don't phucking wash it for a while. So why don't you go wash it and get you some new panties. Cause really weather or not you join after you b!tched out after you took and oath means less to me than the sh!t that comes out of my arse. You have no sense of honor, courage, or commitment. Go ahead and join the damn army or something because WHEN I graduate from boot. I never wanna see your b!tch ass in the fleet.
    Chan out.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    PUT OUT OR GET OUT!
    That's what I tell my g/f every night!

OK..I was in the DEP last year and got out because I decided I would like to be a medic rather than an ammo tech(the only reserve unit in my direct area). But now I have learned about an infantry unit not too far away and a Recon unit not far but out of state.

So the problem is, a recruiter(he wasn't my recruiter, but I knew him from around the office) stopped by tonight and said if I want to do it now I can go join up again if I'm serious about it. He said since it's the end of the month Gunny told him to go see me and that normally they won't let a discharge back in, but they will let me if I'm serious. But I have to do it now and go to MEPS Thursday.

This is all smells fishy to me, so anyone who might know how these things are normally handled I would love to hear about it.

I told him I'd like to wait about a month or so before making my decision since I know things can change.

i think hes trying to get you off before you change your mind again man.. Sounds like he doesnt want history repeating itself to me

ow much time do you need really? How long were you in dep before? How long has it been since you dep'd in then backed out? How "Seriously" do you want think about it? It just seems like you're delaying your decision to appease someone. You know what you want to do. Just do it. That's really all I can say, or anyone can say. What else do you wanna know from this thread?
    Well, it is a life changing decision so I would say as much time as it takes. I am not trying to go to boot camp right away so I have some time. It is also not as easy to "just do it," I know I want to join the military, but there are a lot of different opportunities in the military and not just the Marine Corps. I don't really need any advice anymore honestly, he came by today and was basically told me the same thing, but they are bending a little about the "now or never" stuff.

Wow. You know you're an idiot. You already know about the ASVAB waviers right. Well you would need a common phucking sense wavier. You were in the DEP for the Marine Corps for about 5 months and when your time came you choose not to ship for other than honarable reasons. You had time to think before you DEPed in you knew from the jump that the Marine Corps didn't have either one of those options. So why they phuck did you join? Why the phuck are you still considering joining?Why don't you just scadaddle along and go play in traffic or something.You are the something that smells fishy. That's how your pu$$y smells when you don't phucking wash it for a while. So why don't you go wash it and get you some new panties. Cause really weather or not you join after you b!tched out after you took and oath means less to me than the sh!t that comes out of my arse. You have no sense of honor, courage, or commitment. Go ahead and join the damn army or something because WHEN I graduate from boot. I never wanna see your b!tch ass in the fleet.
    Chan out.
    YES SIR!

i think hes trying to get you off before you change your mind again man.. Sounds like he doesnt want history repeating itself to me
    No, it's just because it's the end of the month and they have a spot to fill, they even told me so.

It's not a big deal anymore, I worked it out, the MODs can close the thread...or we can sit around and listen to other poolees say why they are better than me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Curt Geezus

Windows of opportunity open and close. That is what this is and nothing else. Take it or leave it, that simple.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PooleeCJohnson
    Chan out.

Somebody go ahead and give this girl an EGA! I'm glad you're gonna be my Sister!

Curt, you don't have what it takes. You can rationalize all you want, but it is clear you just don't want it bad enough. I wanted to be a medic, wanted to be one for as long as I can remember. I also wanted to be a Marine. It came time to enlist and I made my choice. Sorry that the Marine Corps isn't going to change just for you, but it isn't. You're too worried about "YOU" and not worried about the Marine Corps. We don't need people like that. GO join the Army and be an Army of One where it can be all about you.

Well, it is a life changing decision so I would say as much time as it takes. I am not trying to go to boot camp right away so I have some time. It is also not as easy to "just do it," I know I want to join the military, but there are a lot of different opportunities in the military and not just the Marine Corps. I don't really need any advice anymore honestly, he came by today and was basically told me the same thing, but they are bending a little about the "now or never" stuff.

YES SIR!

No, it's just because it's the end of the month and they have a spot to fill, they even told me so.

It's not a big deal anymore, I worked it out, the MODs can close the thread...or we can sit around and listen to other poolees say why they are better than me.

__________________________________________________ ____________
    Wow ur gonna get it for that one. Lol. You females are intimidating.

YES SIR!
    LOL. Go ahead and call me Sir. I've got a bigger d!ck than you anyways.

Thread Information