Post here if youve gotten **** for joining up
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post here if youve gotten **** for joining up

If youve ever had to deal with any of this **** or have your own stories of people who wanna give you crap for trying to do something with your life please share.

Mom: Tells me I am ruining my life, sends me emails about enlisted men who have gotten ptsd or had limbs amputated, every single time I am tired or forget to pick something up "How are you going to survive in the Marine Corps if you cant..." Asks me to concider joining the canadian army.
    Dad: You are doing more harm to America joining up, tells me he is not proud of me, tries to bribe me with cash and a car if I delay joining up.
    Friends: Not as negative, just pretty dumb: "I could be a Marine, Im pretty good at pushups and stuff, but I wouldent want to give up smokeing pot."

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey a fellow canuk! As for the family problems.. I'd say I have it easy. My mom supports me, don't know where my dad is nor do I care, and friends.. well I have a couple left that think it's cool.

You had your own good reasons to sign the papers, and your decision was final. Use their doubt as a source of motivation, dream of the day when (if) you graduate recruit training and return home as a Marine. They (and you) will be proud of what you will accomplish, not just in boot camp, or in your time in the Marine Corps, but throughout your entire life thereafterword. You are NOT the first person whose family was upset after they joined the Marine Corps. Good luck.

I have kids like that my school that tell me crap like that all the time, my US history teacher gave me crap but owell, haters keep hating, we cant stop that. My own girlfriend tells me that if I dont become a Marine we'll have a great time at home and while its tempting id rather be a US Marine haha. Just ignore them and hold your head up high and when you see them later on in life being nasty you can laugh at them when you're a Marine.

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

I am willing to bet my next paycheck that your mom will be the proudest one there on graduation day.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Especially when she sees that the Corps has gotten you to do things that she has tried ALLLLLLLLL of your life but never did. You'll stand straighter, you'll be more focused, you'll be more polite (when need be - rest of the time is balls to the wall) - you'll say Ma'am and Sir to EVERYBODY.

Don't sweat it so much and try not to take the bait when they throw negative $h!t your way.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Everytime you walk out the door and go to the store or go where you want when you want, tell them this. You can do these things, these freedom things because of the history of the U.S Military. Ever since 1775 the Military branches of the USA have gone into combat for your freedoms. Nobody wants to go to War and the ones that don't want to go to war are the Military Branches of the Services, but when called to duty they will do their duty as it has shown in past history. Our freedoms are here today because of past military men and women fighten for them, if not for them we would be talking or controled by a differant goverment meaning country of speech. Two times the Germans tried to take over the world and the USA is the one that pretty much stopped them. We would be still ruled by Britsh rule if it was not for our for fathers getting our freedoms from them, but we had to fight them for it. Which is were the U.S Marines were Born Nov. 10 1775. Freedom is not Free and you have to fight for it and protect it. Being in the Military is a sense of duty that can't be explained by words. Once you earn the title Marine you will understand this. People put down the military and say things, but they forget how they got their freedoms that each day we all take as right. It was only gotten for us because of the military going into harms way and fighting dieing and killing on battle fields all over the world. Freedom is not Free, there is a price and it is a high price.

Semper Fi

Wow. There have been lots of these types of threads recently.

Personally most of the insults and stuff don't bother me. I haven't enlisted yet (too young) but I need to exert a little more self control when I hear the "You have amazing grades. You can do so much more with your life..."

My parents are pretty supportive because they know it's what I really want to do. People at school however... thats a different story. Kids call me stupid and tell me I'm just going over there to die for nothing. Even my freaking guidance counselor is telling me it's a mistake and that I should join the Coast Guard instead. I even have a friend whos joining the National Guard and he tries to convince me that the Army is better than the Marines and that the training is much harder.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SamJohnston
    I even have a friend whos joining the National Guard and he tries to convince me that the Army is better than the Marines and that the training is much harder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Tell him to smoke another one!

The freaking teachers at my school are biased. One of them tried to cram her hippie ideals down the student's throat. When my recruiters attended the career fair at my school, that same hippie teacher came out and began protesting, saying the military is the reason why there are wars. She also demanded that the recruiters show their "permit" to be able to inform prospects about the Marine Corps. Where do these kind of people come from? How can they be so brainless?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SamJohnston
    I even have a friend whos joining the National Guard and he tries to convince me that the Army is better than the Marines and that the training is much harder.
    Take it from a Marine that knows the ARMY----THAT's BULL$HIT!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zackmerc
    The freaking teachers at my school are biased. One of them tried to cram her hippie ideals down the student's throat. When my recruiters attended the career fair at my school, that same hippie teacher came out and began protesting, saying the military is the reason why there are wars. She also demanded that the recruiters show their "permit" to be able to inform prospects about the Marine Corps. Where do these kind of people come from? How can they be so brainless?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sigh----------Zack, the USA is made up of people that enjoy the right to grip and complain, and they do! They know that we are the reason they have that right, but they choose to complain about it! Marines are unique and Proud! The people that grip are many also, as well as unique! They are the first ones to yell for the Marines' help when the crap hits the fan! They are just fortunate enough that,THANK GOD, they haven't seen the reality of war, nor do they know the reason for war. We don't start wars,-----we finish them!

Semper Fi My little brother!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have gotten crap from people but my ex talked down on the Marine Corps and wish she would go off a cliff and die.
    poolee18
    chris
    03xx

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 2young2DepIn

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Weeellll technically we're not Marines yet(poolees) sooo we don't really understand Marines either cuz we are neither Marines nor the enemy(hopefully not the enemy lol) I don't really mean this seriously I was just putting it literally...I know what your tryin to say lol

Thread Information