Srt - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Srt

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Working PMO at Pendleton was pretty busy. Lots of fights. Some really wild domestics too. Some NASTY accidents on base in the fog, and much excitment going out onto I-5 to backup CHP on a couple of big chain-reaction accidents. I felt safer in Vietnam than on I-5 in the fog.

Back at Division MP Co, life was dull, dull, dull, except when we went to the field, set up a small POW compound, and chased illegal aliens for tactical training and POW handling practice. That was fun. Didn't often get to do "training" with live-loaded rifles. We'd spend five days in the field and catch about 300-400 illegals and watch at least that many more get away.

A 30-day trip to 29 Stumps was interesting as we policed a camp full of Marines placed next door to a camp full of Air Force, plus a stretch of MSR. Most of the MSR work was getting the Army MPs out of trouble with Marine truck drivers along the Army-policed stretch of road.

Civilian police work can be equally dull, depending on where you work. Where I worked was not dull when your next-door-neighbor was Detroit PD's busiest precinct.

Yeah there was a lot of down time, but Ill tell ya what, i dont know if it was the moon cycle or what, but there was always a couple nights a month where it seemed like everything happened at once, like everyone went retarded for a few hours.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by konman1
    Yeah there was a lot of down time, but Ill tell ya what, i dont know if it was the moon cycle or what, but there was always a couple nights a month where it seemed like everything happened at once, like everyone went retarded for a few hours.
    There are many scientists who insist there is no empirical evidence that a full moon causes people to go stupid, but I don't know a cop, firefighter, paramedic, ER Dr/nurse, who will agree.

Perhaps there isn't enough "empirical" evidence, but there is one **** load of "anecdotal" evidence that I believe.

That full moon was always shining BRIGHT on the first of the month and the fifteenth. you could always count on a full moon them two days.

Funny. Isn't that about the same time all the hot looking mini-skirted sales girls work at the men's stores in the mall?

Thread Information