Any poolees play BF2? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have F2F, it is a really good game, the only thing I dont like is when you die, numerous times, those Ji-Hads are always placed in the same spots. So after awhile yuo begin to anticipate where they are and so it gets easy. But the graphics are good and I like playing in Lebanon.

JesseR

Honestly, the online games I play are Cyber Nations which isn't much of a game and America's Army. The game isn't the greatest- but it isn't bad either. And, I am entertained at how often grenades are used in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Honestly, the online games I play are Cyber Nations which isn't much of a game and America's Army. The game isn't the greatest- but it isn't bad either. And, I am entertained at how often grenades are used in the game.
    Ok so I remember when it AA first came out, that there was the one level you would parachute into a cornfield. The mission was to rig the downed helo with C4 and blow it up before time ran out. After less then a week the "insurgent" team had figured out that if you stood in certain spots you could accomplish a little grenade artillery around the helo. Funny at first, then it got annoying.

I liked to take a support position at the edge of the corn field and catch people trying to spawn camp.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I also highly reccomend any Marine on here to pick up a copy of BF2 and download the Project Reality 0.5 mod. You play against 63 other actual people, and it is nothing but realistic situations and pure teamwork. in bf2, no teamwork= less points. in bf2: Project Reality, no teamwork= no chance in hell of defeating the insurgent team. I would also suggest watching this video on the AH1Z Super Cobra chopper that can be used in the game. The controls on it are so realistic that I can not even survive twenty seconds in it without smacking into a light pole or sand dune. http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Da6M9JXS...related&search=

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    watch this video as well to see how important teamwork is in this, and how perfectly this squad worked together to take on a whole team of insurgents. real people, no computer-controlled players. 64 players on the server. http://youtube.com/watch?v=j3yL4eprZ...related&search= . I can not stress enough how much of a great experience it would be to play this mod with other Marines from this website, poolees included.

I guess I may have to see if I can find this game. Looks like fun to me.

I've never played Battlefield 2, but I have played Close Combat: First to Fight. You lead a squad of Marines through Lebanon, fighting terrorist, and Syrian and Iranian forces. Which is a realistic enemy, unlike most games.. It's graphics aren't as good as Rainbow 6 or anything like that, but it's a lot of fun. If you have a 360 you can play it(its an original XBOX game) once you download the patch CD online.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    I guess I may have to see if I can find this game. Looks like fun to me.
    You can pretty much find it in any major electronic or tech store like best buy, circuit city, gamestop/eb games, or walmart. Doesnt cost much, probably around 20 to 30 dollars right now. If you tell me what your computer specifications are I can help you get it to run smoothly.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    By the way, I just received my Infantry Officer Ribbon and Good Conduct Ribbon. Pure teamwork right there

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ALright so here it is, my complete BF2 service stats- its in my signature, and everytime something happens, such as a new ribbon/medal/award/rank/etc, it will automatically update.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveXIII90
    By the way, I just received my Infantry Officer Ribbon and Good Conduct Ribbon. Pure teamwork right there

woot i wonder if you can get NJP on that game i got my good cookie and njpd sanme day i was quite honored to be rewarded 30 days restriction dated the same day... i sorta still laugh at it..

Officers don't get good conduct medals!

I don't know what the specs are on my desktop right now, I haven't used it since last time it was upgraded. I always use the laptop, and I'm sure the graphics card isn't good enough to play the game.

Curt, I had just ordered Close Combat. It was designed in conjunction with Marines and looks like a good time. If everyone here were going to play a game, I'd rather it be the Marine game.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good point, Echo. Also you are probably right about the laptop not having a good enough graphics card. But when you say "The Marine Game", you are actually reffering to both BF2 AND Close Combat: BF2 has the American force as the USMC. On the other hand, I think I may look into Close Combat- Is this game online/multiplayer? I am currently googling Close Combat and it seems that there are multiple versions- which one are you guys talking about? Echo do you think you could provide me with the link to order it?

CC:FTF is multiplayer, but the singleplayer campaign is good as well. What was funny is that it almost came true, but the Marines didn't conduct combat operations in Lebanon last summer.

Here is a link to the official page Dave. Check it out.

http://www.firsttofight.com/html/

Thread Information