Promotions
Create Post

Thread: Promotions

Promotions

Hello everyone. I am sorry if this has been answered before but I could not find the thread. The thread was saying you get promoted to PFC from referrals while in DEP. I know that is true but can you be promoted to Lance Corporal for getting 2 more referrals while on leave?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    As far as I know, you can not. It seems you can only be advanced to E-2 when first joining, but I may be wrong.

It's my experience that the only way to become lance corporal before you've put in your time is to earn it meritoriously. Ususally the plt honorman in boot camp or the highest pft will get meritoriously promoted.

your question is on leave after bootcamp, if you're already a PFC, can you become a LCpl from more referrals?

Yes, but you can only contract to be a Pfc. You must complete bootcamp before you can get more referrals, and pick up Lance.

I got guarenteed pfc in my contract because I did a year at college, but I belive you can also get this if you have 18 college credits, sign up with atleast 2 other poolees, are an eagle scout. Theres a site that has all this info, i cant remember it but if you google Marine Corps basic training I think the article should pop up.

You are correct.

I think Section 3 Subsection b of this document will answer your question. If I am wrong Marines please correct me.

http://www.usmc.mil/directiv.nsf/820...201130.62B.pdf

Edit: Actually read the entire document...every section titled Merituous Promotion will have your answers

Thread Information