I am back on the road to success!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am back on the road to success!!

A few weeks ago I told everyone that I got a DUI. Well after a rough 2 weeks fighting in court about it. The judge dismissed everything so I get to leave 20060618. I am ready to prove myself that I am not a bad person. I was just having fun with some friends before I leave. You better believe that I am not doing that again. For all fellow poolees please try to stay out of trouble while in DEP. It is so easy to get into trouble but a hassle to get out of it to be able to stay in the DEP.

How do you leave 20060618? Isnt it 20070618. Thats exactly 1 year before I ship to bootcamp.

How do you already have a ship date for over a year next year? You can only be the the DEP for 365 days. Are you bullchitting or whats up? Sorry if I am mistaken.

JesseR

Quote Originally Posted by JIsom2006
    A few weeks ago I told everyone that I got a DUI. Well after a rough 2 weeks fighting in court about it. The judge dismissed everything so I get to leave 20060618. I am ready to prove myself that I am not a bad person. I was just having fun with some friends before I leave. You better believe that I am not doing that again. For all fellow poolees please try to stay out of trouble while in DEP. It is so easy to get into trouble but a hassle to get out of it to be able to stay in the DEP.
    Then I will see you there, man. Good to go.

That sucks man. I know what your saying and go out and prove it to everyone and yourself what you can become. Go in with it set in your mind that you can not give up because you can't prove others right about you.

To the other poolees...listen to this story. Noone is saying you can't have fun before leaving. My recruiter encourages that...just safe fun. If you don't need to drink to have fun..then don't drink. If you and your friends do drink, than be safe. Stay over your friends houses and give your keys to the host.

And yes..he obviously meant 20070618. Cut him a break lol. But that's so soon though. You excited?!

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeCJohnson
    Then I will see you there, man. Good to go.
    And is "good to go" like a military thing to say because my new recruiter will say it on the phone at least 10 times a conversation, even when he's not done talking...

I think 20060618 is in the past. I thought we were in 2007? How did you pull that off? How did you get off your DUI? Two weeks seems quick to get an arraignment, pre-trial, trial.. etc. In my state when an officer pulls you over for DUI you get arrested, then you get let go when you're sober. You get a madatory court appearance usually 10-15 days from the day of your arrest. You go in and enter your plea, then the court determines if you qualify for public defense then they set a pre-trial hearing at least 30 days out.

If you were DUI -- I wouldn't have let you off if I was the judge. I lost a cousin to a drunk driver, our laws are already too lenient. Anyways, your story seems fishy so maybe you wanna tell us more? If you want to. I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaRAT488
    How do you already have a ship date for over a year next year? You can only be the the DEP for 365 days. Are you bullchitting or whats up? Sorry if I am mistaken.

JesseR
    They let people do 410 days in the DEP now.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    They let people do 410 days in the DEP now.
    Thank you E4B for informing me, I did not know that.

JesseR

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildars
    I think 20060618 is in the past. I thought we were in 2007? How did you pull that off? How did you get off your DUI? Two weeks seems quick to get an arraignment, pre-trial, trial.. etc. In my state when an officer pulls you over for DUI you get arrested, then you get let go when you're sober. You get a madatory court appearance usually 10-15 days from the day of your arrest. You go in and enter your plea, then the court determines if you qualify for public defense then they set a pre-trial hearing at least 30 days out.

If you were DUI -- I wouldn't have let you off if I was the judge. I lost a cousin to a drunk driver, our laws are already too lenient. Anyways, your story seems fishy so maybe you wanna tell us more? If you want to. I'm just curious.
    Cool your heels Poolee! If you had read his original thread you would have known the whole story! He is right and was cleared by a juge in good standings and he owes you no explaination! He was being curtious to the ones of us that did read his other thread!

Good job, kildars, and congratulations on getting this cleared up. good luck in Boot as well!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BeVIP
    And is "good to go" like a military thing to say because my new recruiter will say it on the phone at least 10 times a conversation, even when he's not done talking...
    The term "GOOD TO GO" is an old term used, mainly, by recruiters. But yes it is a military term. I used it as a recruiter in the 80's. I notice that a lot of DI's are using it now as well. I means everything is in order and ready! No problems! Get it?

Are we Good to Go now?

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    The term "GOOD TO GO" is an old term used, mainly, by recruiters. But yes it is a military term. I used it as a recruiter in the 80's. I notice that a lot of DI's are using it now as well. I means everything is in order and ready! No problems! Get it?

Are we Good to Go now?
    Alright, good to go. I knew it was something people say and I could tell my new recruiter used it way too much in one conversation, but I never connected it until I head PooleeCJohnson say it too. Then I was like hmmm. Thanks for clearing that up. Good to go.

My recruiter uses as well. Hell even I sound off with it everytime I leave the RSS office.

I don't know who got me started, but I probably still say good to go at least once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Cool your heels Poolee! If you had read his original thread you would have known the whole story! He is right and was cleared by a juge in good standings and he owes you no explaination! He was being curtious to the ones of us that did read his other thread!

Good job, kildars, and congratulations on getting this cleared up. good luck in Boot as well!
    I didn't mean dispresect, I told him only if he wants to explain he can. I was curious because I'm going to school for criminal prosecution and I've never heard of a case clearing that fast. I'm sure he'll do good in boot and he probably learned from even the threat of getting kicked out or delayed in DEP.

Thread Information