I have never seen a school...
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

I have never seen a school...

Today we had senior walk, and announcements... Everyone had to watch the seniors get nominated for 2 and half hours. My recruiter was on stage handing out a few rewards one was for $185,000 some kind of schooling..

I have never seen a school give such appreciation to someone joining the Military.. Neither the Army, Navy, or Air Force recruiters showed up today to hand our rewards. Just the Marine Corps. Just one recruiter, SSgt Dodson... They called us up onto the stage..."I would like to recognize two students that joined the United States Marine Corps, Casey Williams and Gilbert Camacho...." We both walked up onto the stage (400 people in the audience) and turned around and never I have ever seen this before. 400 People in the audience standing, cheering, and clapping. Never realized that my school had that much respect. We both had a standing ovation. I don't think I seen one person sitting down.. IT WAS GREAT!!! I liked seening that, because I have taken a lot of **** from people, talking down to me about joining... And didn't get in their face just turned around and walked away... But I had one guy that talked some **** to me a few weeks back. today he told me that I am doing a great thing with my life and he wishes the best for me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just when you think you've got them figured out, they turn around and do this stuff! Go figure!

Good luck Poolee!

I had the same thing happen to me, a lot of kids downed me, but, when I got back from recruit training the same people who downed me came up to me and gave me a hand shake. Being in the Marine Corps gets you a lot of respect from friends and family back at home. But, remember you have to earn that respect first. I hope you have good luck and if you can take advice from anybody take this advice, DONT QUIT!!!! You will understand why I say this when you get to San Diego. Remember those words and you will do fine.

I'm not surprised. Everyone I know supports the armed services even if at the same time some of them don't support the Iraq War.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart
    Everyone I know supports the armed services even if at the same time some of them don't support the Iraq War.
    Not possible. You either support the troops and their mission or you are supporting their enemy.

I am thrilled that the students showed their appreciation like that. It is good to know that not all of them are the idiots that I see protesting around here.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That's really cool man. I wish I had something like that happen to me. I've had people who I thought were close friends just turn their back because of what I want to do with my life. Teachers say "I'm disappointed in you", some people laugh at me.. I mean I just don't understand why people hate the Military so much.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "THOSE THAT DON'T LEARN FROM THE PAST ARE DESTINED TO REPEAT IT!"

Think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Not possible. You either support the troops and their mission or you are supporting their enemy.
    I've never understood that. I support the troops, but I don't support the troops winning...how can you do that?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm with YOU my Brother!!!!!!!!!

Yea its hard to belive that not one person in my family wonts me to join right now and they are against me joining and i leave this sat and every person in my family is against it but this is something i wont to do and i will do it to prove them all wrong i jsut sau that it dont matter what they wont its what i wont.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amen.

And if you point that out to those kind of people and they retort with the typical liberal response, "Are you questioning my patriotism?" Your answer should be, "Yes. Along with your judgement."

You are with us 100% or against us 100%, no middle ground.

Thread Information