Question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by army17
    I really couldn't imagine that. I know I wouldn't. I'd show up as a traditional recruit and ready for the experience of a life.
    In 1969 we had a recruit graduated wearing more ribbons than all of our DI's put together, turns out he was prior service, ARMY 14 years, SSgt, with two Bronze stars with Valor, two tours in Nam! We never knew who he was during training and he didn't advertize it, just trained with the rest of us. Of course he made PFC out of boot, then L/Cpl out of AIT,then made CPL before he shipped to the Nam 5 months later. I ran into him in country 9 months after I got there and he was a SGT! He'd been nominated for the CMH, of course he was downsized, I found out later he got the Navy Cross! One hell of a Marine! I was proud to have known him! He was our gain and the Army's loss!

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    C'mon, Do IT!
    You'll be allowed to wear your ribbons from the Army when you graduate. Great conversation piece. ; )
    just not the ribbon you guys get for learning how to march and swim

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    just not the ribbon you guys get for learning how to march and swim
    Nor can you wear the "I can pee standing up" ribbon.

You won't get another ribbon for being a "granadier" though.

Should not be a problem if you are in the reserves/guard. You will have to attend Marine Corps boot camp. I served in all 4 branches, so I know it can be done. And if your old unit will release you, you don't have to complete that contract. A small caveat. Keep your records! When I tried to retire, the USAFR said I did not have 20 years. I had to explain that I had 23 good years. Each branch uses a different date to compute a good year. It's up to you to keep track of that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I worked with a retired army warrent officer that liked to tell the story about his Marine boot camp experience. It was too tough for him so he went UA and joined the Army. MP's came and picked him up then didn't know what to do with him because he was now active Army. They finally just released him from his Marine contract. I never did doubt that he was telling the truth but a heck of a story either way.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by devilpup82
    I served in all 4 branches, so I know it can be done.
    I gotta ask.........................how in the hell did you do THAT? And WHY?

Thread Information