mental
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mental

mental

Is there really anyway to prepare mentally for recruit training?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Look at it this way. You are going into a training phase designed from the bottom up to break you, search-and-destroy your every weakness, and build you from there. If you could prepare for it, other than physically and, well, knowing the simple fact that you are in for one hell of a ride....why would there be a bootcamp? Like I said, at one point or another during bootcamp, you are going to unexpectedly succumb in atleast a minor way to your individual fears and phobias. The drill instructors, as I hear, always, ALWAYS find a way to get at you. But for me, I am actually happy that I cant prepare other than physically for it; reason being: I WANT to be broken and rebuilt. That will result in discipline and force me to always be alert and ready for what may be coming next. all the better.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I am not sure the poster meant it in that sense, Dave. I.E., a decent way to prepare mentally would be test your inhibitions. Afraid of snakes? Go to the zoo or petshop and handle some snakes. Afraid of heights? Walk around the top of a skyscraper (well, I live in New York, that's easy to do). Afraid of bugs sucking the blood out of you? See a politician. Afraid of sand fleas? Well, I have never seen a sand flea anywhere on the east coast and I have no idea how they got to Parris Island. I bet they import them.

Well if your recruiter or another Marine you know has some spare time, ask them if they will give you a mock IT. My recruiter, with the help of 4 other moto Marines, did that to me and about 8 other poolees. We were running here running there doing pushups, side stradle hops, pushups, crunches, mountain climbers, side stradle hops, pushups, side stradle hops, push ups, etc. and as soon as we in the starting position they would order us to do the next thing. He said it wasnt designed to burn fat or build physical strength, it was designed to mind **** us all and make us confused, angry, and make us work as a team while not quitting on ourselfs or eachother. God, I love that stuff, I cant wait until I get to the depot.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1188
    NOPE!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    NO

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    NEIN!

Yep, it is simply mind over matter.............

If you don't mind, IT don't matter.............

Sure, kick yourself in nuts 300 times a day. If you can take that you may have a shot.

haha 300 hundred nut shots.....thats a quick way to make sure your shooting blanks

just remember its mind over matter and if you don't mind it don't matter....something i came up with to remind myself that i can do it when i want to give up on something and it works for me....when i say it to myself i get so motivated....i feel like i can do anything....maybe it will work for you

Nope.
    Always backing up my Marines...

Two things.
    1) Read as much as you can on this website about recruit training. You'd be amazed how much you actually learn here.

2) Exactly what Camper51 said. Mind over matter. I never really got mad when I was getting quarterdecked, because I knew it was just to TRY to mind**** me. If you slip, they'll see it, and then you're done.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper51
    Yep, it is simply mind over matter.............

If you don't mind, IT don't matter.............
    Actually in the Corps it is MIND OVER MATTER!!

WE DON'T MIND----AND YOU DON'T MATTER!!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Nope.

We've seen folks walk into the Recruiter's Office and were on the bus within 72 hours, and folks that have been Delayed Entry for 12 months.

We've seen genius level folks, and folks that needed help from their squad leader reading the Essential Subjects knowledge.

Mental preparedness? Nope, its all in the Heart.

Thread Information