Time sure does go quick there poolees. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Now that I am out of boot camp I look back and wish I could do it again, it seemed to have gone by way to fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1188
    WOW tiem goes by so quick you dont even realize. I have been in the DEP program since last June and now I have 19 days left! It seems like yesterday i had 96!
    yeah, I depped in about a year ago, and it seems like yesterday was wrestling season, and I was getting anxious because I had 6 months to go. Now I've got less than a month. It flies by.

Also, one thing to add to my earlier comment, I look back and laugh, I watch all these Drill Instructor videos on the internet and all I do is bust out laughing, its hilarious, wish I thought it was that funny when it was happening to me.

Some Marines told me that when they look back on their boot camp memories, they feel like it had been a cruel joke played on them by the Drill Instructors.

It all goes by so quickly.
    My reference point goes back 40 years (has it really been that long?) I went to Parris Island in April 1967, and graduated June 15, 1967. 40 years ago today I was on the Rifle Range for the first day, snapping in.(do they still do that?)
    You're right, boot camp goes by quickly. The whole 6 years went by quickly. I didn't realize until after I got out that I would never do anything so exciting, and so worthwhile, ever again. So enjoy every day, from boot camp to discharge. Whether that time is 2 years, 4 years or 30 years. It's gone way to quickly.

Semper Fi.

Jim

Thread Information