I can't take it anymore! My friend is an IDIOT!
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I can't take it anymore! My friend is an IDIOT!

This guy has a girlfriend. That's ALL he has. We five are best friends, this is jakegpoolee's twin brother. He never does ANYTHING with us anymore. We used to hang out all the time, PT together, play airsoft, make "poolee" videos (Haha)

Accord told us all to go on humps, because they will be a good preparation for boot camp. Me, Jake, my friend Paul, my friend David (not joining), and another guy we're leaving with Adam are going on this hump thursday across one of the bridges in my city, it's an old bridge used for foot travel now. It's 5 miles total, it crosses Tampa Bay, its going to be pretty intense in the 90* sun.

He's busy. Figures.

He doesn't PT anymore, he used to kill Jakegpoolee at everything, running, pullups, situps, now he's actually down to 16 from 20, and Jake went up from 14 or so to 22. They're TWIN brothers, he has no excuse.

Is there anything I can say to him? I mean, he plans on staying with this girl forever and ever and they're in "love" and blah blah blah. Its the typical story we read on leatherneck. I'm like its not gonna work, I don't care what you want to believe, its not going to. And I'm not just saying this from a jealous "you're not hanging out with us anymore" point of view, its from a hey, I care about you making it through recruit training without worrying about your girl.

You guys have been there, you know what its like. What's worse? They've been together six months, six friggin months. I've dated girls for twice than, and notice how I said "girls". I've had 2 relationships that were around a year, and another one that was about 8 months. How does he expect her to go off to college and be committed? How can he expect to go off to those "Fun" places all over the world and be committed?

I just don't know what to say to this guy, and Jake, if you read this, don't show it to your brother. He'll get ****ed because they're "different" and they're "in love", but he can suck a sack. You know as darn well as I do that this relationship isn't healthy, remember you and Chelsea? Aren't you better off now? He gets after me for hitting everything in town before I leave, but at least I don't ditch you guys for any of them! There's billions of females on the planet, I'm not in a rush to get tied down!

What would you say to one of your friends if they were acting like this? Seriously, the only thing I say to him is "I can't, I'm hanging out with Nicole". And then, what's worse? He's actually gotten mad at me for not inviting him to go anywhere!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Do you feel better now?

If he is in love I am guessing nothing you say or do will change what he thinks .. You are probably just looking out for your friend but he is a big boy and will have to live with whatever decisions he makes.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    This kind of thing is typical. Really, there must be a dozen teen dramas about this sort of thing... "Oh, now that you have a [insert boy/girlfriend] you don't want to hang out with us anymore! They are consuming your life!" Of course this claim is usually true, but don't blame him. His behavior is mostly hermonal and if he truly doesn't have any other thing going to him, as you claim, then he must feel compelled to stick with this relationship and get it done right.

Don't be too hard on him, it is his life choice. Many people make the same blunders, it is part of growing up. From what it sounds like, he won't be terribly out of shape regardless of what he does.

Don't worry about it. He'll go to boot camp, she'll cheat on him. He'll go to SOI, she'll cheat on him. He'll go to the fleet, he'll cheat on her while she's cheating on him. Let him have his fun now. Looking back, I should have spent more time with my ex-girlfriend before I shipped. Sure, he should find time to keep doing his PT and staying ready- but he'll probably still be better off than most people in his platoon. Too bad he's just setting himself and the girl up for a broken heart- but that's life.

Just keep doing what you're doing and don't worry about him. He can believe what ever he wants to believe. You see people here all the time say they'll be different. But, they never come back four years later to tell you that they made it- because they don't.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    "Like sands of an hour glass, so are the days of our lives."

ahh someones addicted to the snatch crack

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    ahh someones addicted to the snatch crack
    First taste is always the sweetest!

Quote Originally Posted by D W George
    First taste is always the sweetest!
    Oral sex is proven to lead to throat cancer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rktect3j
    Oral sex is proven to lead to throat cancer.
    You're saying it ain't worth the risk? Gargle for pete sakes!

Or pick classier dates!

(taste was a metaphor)

Quote Originally Posted by D W George
    You're saying it ain't worth the risk? Gargle for pete sakes!

Or pick classier dates!

(taste was a metaphor)
    i knew there was a reason we were given scratch and sniff stickers as kids...Now i know why and how to apply this knowledge.

That "throat cancer" rumor is hogwash! I've been a slitty-licker for forty years, and I'm fine! If that rumor was true, my entire neck would have rotted away by now, and my head would have fallen off.
    drumcorpssnare

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Grow a mustache...let it dry...and comb it off into your Wheaties ..... "Breakfast of Champions"

Quote Originally Posted by drumcorpssnare
    That "throat cancer" rumor is hogwash! I've been a slitty-licker for forty years, and I'm fine! If that rumor was true, my entire neck would have rotted away by now, and my head would have fallen off.
    drumcorpssnare
    woah...That is a little revealing...think I'm gonna go vomit now haha

Thread Information