This is a sad day. - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    1776Dad, my parents raised two Marines (brother). There is no issue with the troops from my POV. The issue is with the 'leaders'' that put them into this position without thinking things through.

The Foreign Policy is a disaster much like the war effort. 500BB is a lot of money to sink into a venture and obtain these results. Diplomacy is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of intelligence.

Clearly the lack of it has caused more harm than good. I have two sons who may one day be Marines. They will make intelligent decisions about it. The price of freedom is not cheap.

Someone has to sacrifice for it. I served in the USMC and did the best I could. Let's not mistake support for the troops with support for the war effort in Iraq

Good points 1776dad... Well said !

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    IMHO every Marine in the field comes first.

And I pray to God that those who send the Marine into the field have taken every opportunity to provide the resources (tactics and supplies)for victory with unwaivering furvor.
    Listen, 1776dad, not once have I ever faltered in knowing that either of my sons were in good hands with their band of brothers...so to speak. I can't say that about the leadership that placed them in harms way. Maybe it is because I believe, especially in armed conflict, that you fight to win, psychologically, physically and materialistically or you don't fight at all.
    May the Good Lord look after your son and his fellow Marines. May the Good Lord look after you for the love and support that you have shown your son
    Adios from South Florida.
    Bye the way....good post.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary
    IMHO every Marine in the field comes first.

And I pray to God that those who send the Marine into the field have taken every opportunity to provide the resources (tactics and supplies)for victory with unwaivering furvor.
    Listen, 1776dad, not once have I ever faltered in knowing that either of my sons were in good hands with their band of brothers...so to speak. I can't say that about the leadership that placed them in harms way. Maybe it is because I believe, especially in armed conflict, that you fight to win, psychologically, physically and materialistically or you don't fight at all.
    May the Good Lord look after your son and his fellow Marines. May the Good Lord look after you for the love and support that you have shown your son
    Adios from South Florida.
    Bye the way....good post.
    Gary
    Amen

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    MarineDad - DO NOT GO ANYWHERE!

Remember, I can find you........................

Now, I married the Corps in 1968, lost my Marine during Viet Nam. Then married his best friend (that makes 2 Marines) in the Corps. My son, who is a third generation Marine, is now getting ready to start his third tour of the sand box. Been the dependent, been the one who makes sure that everything is running and good to go, been the one who is basicallky a single parent. Also done the Stumps.....and that is another story.

I have made my contributions - not in combat, it is true - but I have contributed to the Corps. I am a veteran, gents!

So is Miss Ellie - the drifter - you all want her to bail???? I think not!

So, because I did not do the Island or Hollywood, did not take the oath, does that mean that my commitment to the Corps is not valued on this site?

Does it mean that I should not have an opinion on issues posted?

Does it mean that, if I have a valid experience, or advice to offer, on a particular issue, I should shut up and sit in the corner with my knitting?

I don't think so.

Now, MarineDad, along with GySgtRet, hrscowboy, yellowwing, Jim Nielson, I tell you that this is not the time to cut and run and leave a few site members whose alligator mouths are riding over their.....well, you all know the rest of that line.... make you feel as if you do not belong here.

Whether this small cadre of folks want to admit it or not, they never would have been in the Corps if they didn't have parents........

What bothers me the most, however, is the fact that they all seem to have lost their manners and common courtesy - something they never would have tried during a tour of duty.......if all of them really did have a tour of duty.

And if that upsets you folks.......too bad! I suggest you all take a step back and look at yourselves closely - the treatment that has been handed out to members who have pretty much been here longer than you certainly is the opposite of Honor, Courage and Committment.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    I can't say that about the leadership that placed them in harms way.

Those words are from another poster. It is clear that there are those that see the difference between support for the troops and support for the poor war effort in Iraq.

As Marines, we all support each other. The leadership needs to properly support us also. WRMC is just another example of how we Marines don't get the level of support from our leaders.

As a Marine my Honor, Courage and Committment can never be questioned.

Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Not only NO but H*ll No.

Great post 1776Dad.
    I would never do those things, but I know a few protesters that would.
    Heck I have had some tell me to my face that they hope my son comes home in a box. It was the closest I have come to assult at a counter protest.

I will counter protest any cut and run protest they have near me, and have done such over the last 5 years. Now before Jet has a cow, the anti war group here started protesting two weeks after 9/11 long before the first strike was done in Afganistan.

That's horrible to say....Dad

It's a Sad world we live in....

Ellie

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    003XXDad I have also encountered things from the Anti War protesters. It is indeed horrible to say such things. I have had my Patriotism questioned by both sides due to this war.

I think for myself and decided which way to go. I chose the path of Anti war, Pro Troop.

I have never seen the nation so divided before. I was not around for the Civil War.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

To ALL of the Marine MOMS and DADS

I repeat, stay the course don't let a few knucklehead ruin the support that your sons and daughters need from our entire nation. Marinemom you know you got my support and so does Chris, I just wish I could have met him maybe when he gets back from the sandbox. I DONOT care for politics it is nasty and has driven a good Marine and General Officer away from JCS. I would not want to face the beirage of congress and the senate either. There is no way that it would be worth the hastle.

Please moms and dads stay.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    03XXDad is staying. He is back and welcomed with open arms by this jarhead.

No hard feelings either. None were ever from my side as I posted before to him.

Thread Information