This is a sad day. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dont go anywhere, fu#k them that dont like what you are saying!!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    "I have posted the last two weeks in places I should not have. I guess my right to respond to some of the stuff that has been put on here is not allowed."

003XXMarineDAD, Just recently, I made the "mistake" of posting a response in one of the forums that I'm obviously not allowed to post in, because my post was rudely deleted with a "Not a Marine....NO SAY"! My father was a WWII Marine, I have a brother that served in the Marines during 'Nam, and my son is now currently serving over in Iraq, as a MARINE, but I was never a Marine, so I also have no say, so don't feel alone, MarineDAD!

You are a GUEST on a MARINE SITE..winky wink
    Ellie

Last edited by thedrifter; 06-02-07 at 06:08 AM.

I first off wanna say that Marine dad needs to say (i know im just a poolee but i wanted to give my support.) And I have a quick question for Jim nelson....I didnt quite understand what u said up there, are you saying you dont want poolees so post threads that say their leaving for basic? i probably miss understood but im leaving in 22 days so i just wanted to get it right before i go.

I guess I am still too new here to understand where some are allowed to post and some are not. I thought we all fought for the right of free speech. If we start telling people where they can and can't post isn't that censorship?

I spent 20 years in the Corps, and I believe the hardest job in the Corps is that of our families staying at home and worrying if we will come home or not. Like most of you when I went on deloyment I got it in my mind I might not come back because that was my job. Our families don't have the luxury.

MarineDad and MarineMom God bless you and keep on talking.

marine dad

Wait a minute,somebody somewhere is missing something.I always believed that we marines fought for the right to free speech even if it was a helluva thing to choke down.No 2 men ever agree a 100% of the time.Why should you refrain from saying your piece,just because someone feels like you are peeing in their wheaties.I defend their right to be stupid also.Now if this self imposed exile is a form of protest,I dont get it..How is silence gonna bring people to listen to a contridictory opinion.I would mistake silence for apathy,but thats just how I am.If you truly believe in what you are saying stand your ground..If your trying to just be a butt head and express an opinion not popular,just for the sake of arguing,and not feel whole heartedly about the issue being discussed.. GO AWAY

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I Hope it's not too late to say this, but our Marines need your voice. Please stick around.

Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

After long thought ....

Ater long thought and talking with our son on his predepolymnet leave I will be damned if I will sit back and not respond when I feel it is deserved and plan on not going away with out a fight.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OORAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 003XXMarineDAD
    Ater long thought and talking with our son on his predepolymnet leave I will be damned if I will sit back and not respond when I feel it is deserved and plan on not going away with out a fight.
    I thought it was only woman that can change their minds....

Glad to see You...

Ellie

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Dale,

Glad to see you return1 Sent you a PM when you wrote this original post and am glad you changed your mind!

Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall

OK, I think I have this straight! Here we are at "Leatherneck.com". The "MARINE CORPS COMMUNITY for USMC Veterans" (see top of page). My understanding is that this is a place for Marines and their families and friends to congregate on-line to share experiences, stories, etc., keep up with what's going on in The Corps today, to support the MARINE CORPS and each other. One big, happy, warm-fuzzy Brotherhood (assume context to be gender neutral). Nowhere have I seen a statement by the moderators that opinions are not allowed or that politics, anti-war issues and Marine bashing IS allowed.

More often than should be the case now, there is more time and effort spent on debate of politics, who's opinion counts, who's opinion is right or wrong and infantile bickering. We're getting away from the reasons we've come here in the first place. If a post compels you to respond, either to agree or "challenge", that's you're privilege if you're in a place your member status permits you to be in. There are some who appear to be here for no other purpose than to promote agendas contrary to the intended purpose of this site. I suggest, since their existence here is condoned that instead of entertaining them by engaging in antics and banter that aggrivates, avoid them and refuse to acknowledge their presence. There are places...other places to go for liberal, left-wing political debate. GO THERE! dick4brains.org will never have a member shortage. (If there's no such place for them, there should be) In any case...leaving here because you're fed up with refugees from reality is counterproductive. Over 40,000 members...a dozen malcontents. Who should be leaving?

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

I earned the right to speak here as much as anyone else. Nowhere on the site does it say that you have to be a cheerleader to post

Credits
    Savings
    dick4brains.org
    I wonder what their logo looks like?

Welcome back 003XX! Sure is nice to know that there still is some starch left in your lapel. LOL

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    I heard it looks like an elephant

Methinks thou doest protest too loudly. I mentioned no names and, as I've always said, I defend everybody's right to do just that...speak as much as you like. Admittedly, I do not agree with many of your opinions. That doesn't mean you're not entitled to them. I'm not going to argue with you about them, we shall just agree to disagree but I hold my point that there are other places for some of the material posted here by some of the members. Read into that what you will. I've never singled you or anybody else out for things I don't agree with. As a Marine (past or present), you have earned a degree of respect that I'll not throw mud at. How you maintain the respect you've earned is yours to manage. Anyway, I'll never be a good cheerleader...don't have the legs for it.

Thread Information